1. also worried I can't afford it all this soon again
  2. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Wouldn’t surprise me, with LiveNation it seems all about the money anyway so I wouldn’t be surprised by another repeat of 2015/2017.

maybe, but it's partially the same tour as 2015, so it would seem logical they will now also play some of the countries and cities they missed in the past years. Like they did in 2010, when they played only cities they didn't play in 2009 (except for Paris). I think they can easily sell out 2 indoor shows in most of those 2010 cities/countries, so livenation shouldn't be too worried about making enough money.
  3. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]

maybe, but it's partially the same tour as 2015, so it would seem logical they will now also play some of the countries and cities they missed in the past years. Like they did in 2010, when they played only cities they didn't play in 2009 (except for Paris). I think they can easily sell out 2 indoor shows in most of those 2010 cities/countries, so livenation shouldn't be too worried about making enough money.
    Playing in those countries is more costly, as LiveNation usually doesn't have as big of a share in the Ticketmaster companies and/or venues as they do in Western Europe (or in the US where they own half the stadiums).

From what I heard from South Americans this is probably also the last time U2 will play there, as its so hard to negotiate with the local promoters etc.
  4. Originally posted by Remy:From what I heard from South Americans this is probably also the last time U2 will play there, as its so hard to negotiate with the local promoters etc.

Wow
  5. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Playing in those countries is more costly, as LiveNation usually doesn't have as big of a share in the Ticketmaster companies and/or venues as they do in Western Europe (or in the US where they own half the stadiums).

From what I heard from South Americans this is probably also the last time U2 will play there, as its so hard to negotiate with the local promoters etc.
    well, I have hope that there will be more reasoning behind the tour schedule than only maximizing Live Nation's profits. The schedule of past tours did make sense, to play the big cities on the first legs, but now I think they also have to look at other countries and cities as well. Also the demand for U2 tickets may have been saturated a bit in some places they played a lot in 2015 and 2017, so maybe that also give some chances for other countries.
  6. Originally posted by Ricku2:so what do we think? will they play the same cities again? In Europe, with the JT tour they already played almost the same countries and cities as they did in 2015, it's hard to believe they will do the same again in 2018.

Aus/NZ
  7. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    well, I have hope that there will be more reasoning behind the tour schedule than only maximizing Live Nation's profits. The schedule of past tours did make sense, to play the big cities on the first legs, but now I think they also have to look at other countries and cities as well. Also the demand for U2 tickets may have been saturated a bit in some places they played a lot in 2015 and 2017, so maybe that also give some chances for other countries.
    Let's hope so! Would be good to mix it up.
  8. maybe no vacation next year
  9. the addition of the 3rd and 4th leg on the Joshua Tree already was a good sign.
  10. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

Makes sense on why they're doing 4 shows there.
  11. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

Ugh...
    Well, if I won't be able to watch U2 live, at least there's u2start
  12. Originally posted by Remy:[..]

Probably there is not going to be another world wide megatour anyway. I reckon next year they tour NA, Europe and a much obliged visit to Australia/New Zealand/Japan (hopefully) and... probably a farewell tour around NA/Europe and that's it.