1. as always, I'm so glad I get to like and enjoy what u2 put out ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  2. That's always my feeling too.

I don't enjoy the fact that others don't appreciate it, I wish all U2 fans could rejoice together and be happy with new material. It's more of a "c'mon guys!" feeling than a "well, sucks to be you" feeling, at least for me.
  3. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    That's always my feeling too.

I don't enjoy the fact that others don't appreciate it, I wish all U2 fans could rejoice together and be happy with new material. It's more of a "c'mon guys!" feeling than a "well, sucks to be you" feeling, at least for me.
    the black out is such a gift..so happy to hear this!
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    That's always my feeling too.

I'm with you in feeling more like 'c'mon guys' but looking at the poll it's actually doing quite well so it's not like we're having to convince everyone. Anyway the song continues to grow on me after my 2nd and 3rd listens of the day.
  5. Ned, Fred, zach are all biblical references, with zach being the father of John the Baptist, Fred being the benevolent king, and Ned being in the lineage of David.

Jack could be short for Jacob - again biblical. But I prefer think he is referencing JFK who was o/w known as Jack. Makes the democracy statement even more powerful.

Bottom line he is comparing the contrasting views of science and religion as he lost innocence and is experiencing the adult world; however the light remains. He's not letting the bastards grind him down.
  6. After about 10 listens ( I don't want to listen to this version to much, because I want to wait for the 'clean' version), I currently rank The Blackout 7/10.
  7. Speaking of ranking:
    Today I tried to rank some of U2's "lead singles" from TJT until now. And for me it is as follows:

The Fly (10/10)
    With Or Without You (10/10)
    Discotheque (9/10)
    No Line on the Horizon (I know, it wasn't really the first single, but it "leaked" early....)
    Desire

The Blackout (7/10)
    The MIracle (6/10)

Vertigo
    Beautiful Day (4/10)

Get On Your Boots (1/10)
  8. Originally posted by u2joost:Speaking of ranking:
    Today I tried to rank some of U2's "lead singles" from TJT until now. And for me it is as follows:

The Fly (10/10)
    Discotheque (9/10)
    No Line on the Horizon (I know, it wasn't really the first single, but it "leaked" early....)
    Desire

The Blackout (7/10)
    The MIracle (6/10)

Vertigo
    Beautiful Day (4/10)

Get On Your Boots (1/10)
    I agree with that
  9. Originally posted by u2joost:Speaking of ranking:

The Fly (10/10)
    Discotheque (9/10)
    Desire

The Blackout (7/10)
    The MIracle (6/10)

Vertigo
    Beautiful Day (4/10)

Get On Your Boots (1/10)
    I agree with the best and worst but I'd change the middle

1. The Fly/ With Or Without You
    3. Discotheque
    4. The Blackout/ Beautiful Day
    6. Desire/ Vertigo/ No Line On The Horizon
    9.The Miracle