1. Yes let's stick to Blackout discussions please.
  2. It's U2, hence, I like it.

Every once in a while, they release a head scratcher that takes me a variable amount of time to get used to it and eventually tolerate it, accept it, or even love it.

But The Blackout is not a head scratcher, it's been pretty straightforward to me, it sounds like U2 (it reminds me of the sound they had on SoE), I was scared of it being a way too much pop dancey song (the teaser), but it's actually a pretty good rock track.

Also, what determines if a song becomes a hit or it falls into oblivion, it's not mostly how good the song is, it has a lot more to do with "timing", which for some reason I thought it belongs somehow somewhere in this discussion, but I don't remember how...
  3. Originally posted by Bloodraven:It's U2, hence, I like it.

Every once in a while, they release a head scratcher that takes me a variable amount of time to get used to it and eventually tolerate it, accept it, or even love it.

But The Blackout is not a head scratcher, it's been pretty straightforward to me, it sounds like U2 (it reminds me of the sound they had on SoE), I was scared of it being a way too much pop dancey song (the teaser), but it's actually a pretty good rock track.

Also, what determines if a song becomes a hit or it falls into oblivion, it's not mostly how good the song is, it has a lot more to do with "timing", which for some reason I thought it belongs somehow somewhere in this discussion, but I don't remember how...
    Reminds you of the sound in SOE?
  4. You know what the song reminds me of

U2..
  5. I love the scene at about 4:12 into the video where the screen goes green and Adam is rocking out...
  6. The saddest part of this is that bit about how they cut down the album length. It'll probably mean more bonus tracks, but I'd be down for a 16-song U2 album. I think we can all agree that SOI would've been better with Lucifer's Hands and Crystal Ballroom (although maybe they wouldn't really fit on the album as the band has said).

STILL THOUGH.