1. Okay, we all know the first is sad the second happy.
    But they're both great concerts.
    Let's debate which is the better of the two and the finer quirks of each.
  2. Hello, I think Slane 1 had the better Setlist "( A Sort of Homecoming / Bad )"
  3. Yeah a Sort of Homecing and Bad are superb, but can you really argue with any of the setlist choices on Slane 2? Superbly chosen songs in a superbly arranged order. Slane 2!
  4. There is no such thing, like a "Perfect" Setlist.

But for me they had change "Stuck in a... for Bad + A Sort of..." ,and it were nearly perfect.
  5. Originally posted by spoonerThere is no such thing, like a "Perfect" Setlist.

But for me they had change "Stuck in a... for Bad + A Sort of..." ,and it were nearly perfect.

Well I think Slane 2 was better. An almost perfect setlist in my opinion. Although Bad an A sort of homcoming are two of my favourites! I wish i'd been there
  6. I was at Slane 1 and have the DVD from Slane 2.

Slane 1 was definitly not one of the greatest concerts from that tour because of Bob´s funeral. To be honest the rear part of the audience was not very inspired as i watched them from the higher right side.

The band also played not good that night. And maybe for that night this big venue was to big.

I was really happy to hear Homecoming. Most of the audience was not! And this special performance was bad rehearsed.

But Slane 1 had a very special energy due to the circumstances. You could feel it.

I think Slane 2 was the far better concert. It looks like a great party.

But I think a lot of european indoor concerts plus Berlin Open Air were even better.
  7. i bought a friend of mine the "red hot chili peppers - live from slane" dvd and i was wondering if that DVD was filmed the same day as they opened for u2?
  8. Yes, it is filmed at the same day I think. Got it too and they were indeed the opening act to U2.
  9. i remember watching slane u2 and slane peppers and both shows were filmed during sunset. so i know it had to be filmed on two seperate nights. but if red hot chili peppers did open for u2 then i was wondering where the "heart" elipse was at during the peppers DVD.
  10. Is it me? Or did anybody else notice how haunted Bono's cry between Bad and Streets was.
    I really felt he was crying out to his dad, and that stage was shrunk to simply a son crying out for his father, its one of my favourite moments in U2 history.
  11. I'd love a Slane I DVD, but after seeing Milan i think theres a bigger chance of monkeys flying out my ass.
  12. Originally posted by MacphistflyIs it me? Or did anybody else notice how haunted Bono's cry between Bad and Streets was.
    I really felt he was crying out to his dad, and that stage was shrunk to simply a son crying out for his father, its one of my favourite moments in U2 history.

the whole gig was a cry to his old man tbh.
    very rare to see so much emotion in a performance - it was kind of wierd really, but totally uplifting.