1. Originally posted by robbie07[..]

the whole gig was a cry to his old man tbh.
    very rare to see so much emotion in a performance - it was kind of wierd really, but totally uplifting.

Totally dude, thats what U2 can do pull you up from the darkest pit, i suppose thats why 40 is one of the most important songs. ''He lift me up out of the pit''

2. Originally posted by MWSAHYes, it is filmed at the same day I think. Got it too and they were indeed the opening act to U2.

no way!!
    U2 was 2001, and the peppers was 2003...
  3. Than I am terribly mistaken...but I thought I once saw a ticket where the where playing at the same concert as U2. I'm almost sure it was Slane..but never mind, doesn't matter anyway, does it?
  4. the chili peppers opened up for U2 at slane on 2001-08-25.

however, they returned to slane on 2003-08-23 (2 years almost to the date), and that was the concert recorded and released on dvd.
    -they were headliners
    -no heart-shaped catwalk
    -no hamish hamilton camera cuts every 0.2 seconds
  5. Originally posted by u2met86the chili peppers opened up for U2 at slane on 2001-08-25.

however, they returned to slane on 2003-08-23 (2 years almost to the date), and that was the concert recorded and released on dvd.
    -they were headliners
    -no heart-shaped catwalk
    -no hamish hamilton camera cuts every 0.2 seconds

haha, valid point.

But Chicago wasn't his fault, that show WAS a train wreck.
  6. Originally posted by MWSAHThan I am terribly mistaken...but I thought I once saw a ticket where the where playing at the same concert as U2. I'm almost sure it was Slane..but never mind, doesn't matter anyway, does it?

somebody already explained, the chilipeppers opened for u2 on slane...the thing is that i thought that you were refering to the peppers slane dvd, which was recorded on 2003.