1. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Important distinction.
    And people: a snippet you like doesn't make a great Bad performance. Bono could be having a frog in his throat but he sang La Marseillaise and it becomes the best performance ever?
    yep...

For instance, Wembley '93, I can't even remember what snippet(s) they played, but I remember it being very emotional and the violin.

Then, Kansas, Sao Paolo, Berlin, Notre Dame... I'm not sure how good it was the performance of the rest of the song (I really don't remember), yet those versions are very memorable because of the snippets.
  2. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    Important distinction.
    And people: a snippet you like doesn't make a great Bad performance. Bono could be having a frog in his throat but he sang La Marseillaise and it becomes the best performance ever?

I’m not someone that gets overly excited about snippets but some people are and as it’s subjective a snippet can make a great version of bad to someone or several people even.
  3. The article is almost ready and will be published next week. It will bring quite some new gems to the table I hope.

I'm looking for one or two of you who want to help me by reviewing the final draft, please PM me if you have time and interest for that next week
  4. I’ll manage a read through.
  5. I'm a sucker for Zoo Tv-versions of Bad (although I also love the longer versions from the Joshua Tree/Lovetown-era).

A couple of great examples;

Munich 25 May 1992 - during the quiet break midway in the song, Bono says "Es ist gut hier zu sein"

Toronto 6 September 1992 - Bono starts snippeting Van Morrison's Iris Heartbeat, a rare and great snippet.

Denver 21 October 1992 - Old Man is snippeted for the only time, ever. Bono's father is present. Magical seconds.

And talking of snippets, I really like the Elevation tour here; Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses and When I Look At The World. Bono is a master of snippets!

edit: let's not forget the third night of Dublin 2015 (27 November) A great great version of Bad!
  6. Love the Boston DVD version. Bad into Streets is epic.

7. Almost half a year of work, published today! Hope you enjoy it. Thank you all for your help and input.
  8. An insane amount of work. For me it’s 1993-05-11. But there are so so many.
  9. Just spent a loooong time going through this and listening to tons of versions of Bad. What a song, I remember my first Bad (on the I&E Tour) and just the chill that shot down my spine when Edge played the opening notes.

Thanks for compiling this Remy, impressive research. I hope we hear Bad together in Tulsa!
  10. Great job Remy, really interesting read and I like the versions you’ve pointed out especially Brussels 2010 which I was at. I also might have been responsible for some of the noise you spoke about in Glasgow 2015 when they played it.
  11. First time i heard it was Nov 6th 1984 in a small 3000 club venue -Glasgow Barrowlands