1. I just saw the video and it's an awful version, not sure I'd want to spend any money and efforts on getting this even if I adore the song.
  2. Awful autotune on beck remix

3. I’ve always thought this song is an inferior version of All I Want is You. If you listen to it live it doesn’t have the same emotional resonance as All I want, or hit the same musical high. I’d prefer if the played All I want in the encore instead of this. The audience reaction would be very different too. I feel U2 are really trying to push this song as a sing alone in the encore but just isn’t really catching. Don’t be surprised if this rotates with All I Want in the future.
  4. Anyone notice that beck did the same thing on the Love is bigger remix that he did on the Lights Of Home remix? He always puts the second verse first and the first verse second. What the hell is that about?
  5. thanks a lot, "third man records" is the label of jack white, isn't it? A super artist who collaborates with the Edge and Jimmy Page in the docufilm "it might to get loud". The man of White Stripes, Racounteurs and Dead Weather is really a top musician ,i like his last album solo really much and i hope he will come to Italy soon.
  6. The Beck remix is decent!

We should get him to remix the whole album.
  7. Interestingly, the Cheat Codes remix has already had over half a million streams on Spotify.

Playlists work.
  8. I have listened to the Cheat Codes mix a lot since it came out.
  9. Originally posted by Pauln:[..]

I’ve always thought this song is an inferior version of All I Want is You. If you listen to it live it doesn’t have the same emotional resonance as All I want, or hit the same musical high. I’d prefer if the played All I want in the encore instead of this. The audience reaction would be very different too. I feel U2 are really trying to push this song as a sing alone in the encore but just isn’t really catching. Don’t be surprised if this rotates with All I Want in the future.
    That won't happen. It's a centrepoint of the show and a song the band are very keen on making a latter day classic with making it both a live staple and a dozen remixes.

U2 are also *very* keen on living in the now and playing more modern material than old hits, generally.
  10. Originally posted by markreed:[..]
    That won't happen. It's a centrepoint of the show and a song the band are very keen on making a latter day classic with making it both a live staple and a dozen remixes.

U2 are also *very* keen on living in the now and playing more modern material than old hits, generally.
    From the people in this forum that went to shows and the feeds for us that listen here, the crowd is really digging Love Is Bigger and the chants are getting longer and louder. That song is here to stay.
  11. Originally posted by markreed:[..]

They thought they had a classic on their hands with it ,the chorus is too long and it's too blatant and in your face for U2 it would probably work better with some manufacturerd beige pop star like Justin Timberlake, with half a dozen remixes they are really trying to push it but the Beck remix has been the best of them his remix of Lights of home was excellent maybe they should work more with him in the future.