1. It's an absolute gem. I wished they went in this direction for their new material. Avoid radio-friendly (= old radio -friendly) stuff and just do more stuff like BOYH, Little Things, 13.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It's an absolute gem. I wished they went in this direction for their new material. Avoid radio-friendly (= old radio -friendly) stuff and just do more stuff like BOYH, Little Things, 13.
    agree 100%. Bono should use his lower tones a lot more.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    It's an absolute gem. I wished they went in this direction for their new material. Avoid radio-friendly (= old radio -friendly) stuff and just do more stuff like BOYH, Little Things, 13.
    Except for 13 I definitely agree... (13 is totally boring). But Book or Little Things are kinda progressive rock songs and Bono once said he doesn't like progressive rock so it's not really likely whole album would fall into this style...
  4. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    Except for 13 I definitely agree... (13 is totally boring). But Book or Little Things are kinda progressive rock songs and Bono once said he doesn't like progressive rock so it's not really likely whole album would fall into this style...
    I used to think 13 was boring and specially a Song For Someone rip-off but I grew to appreciate it. It's dark, haunting and delicate. Kinda like Cedars Of Lebanon (which I know you dislike too ). It's actually a very very good album closer for me, even though I still think it's the worst show closer I've ever seen.
  5. The shows ended with a lullaby (sort of), coming full circle with the stage props (lightbuld/ doll house/ Bono leaving the stage through the audience) - I don't think that it was such a bad idea in the first place, but kinda underwhelming in concert, maybe. Generally I prefer it when they are trying something new (instead of ending with One again, like a few tours now).
    I've come to like it at the very last show of the tour in Berlin, not knowing if I ever will see them again, live. What bothered me more than ending on a quiet note is that they did not leave the stage together or at least the same way, no big wave good-bye, they suddenly disappeared, especially those three guys left on the main stage.
  6. Visually and conceptually it was a brilliant ending, yes, but musically and in terms of engagement it was dismal. So so so bad. Ending with Love Is Bigger would have been much better, crowds loved it. Good point about the Adam, Larry and Edge just disappearing off stage. Surreal
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:Visually and conceptually it was a brilliant ending, yes, but musically and in terms of engagement it was dismal. So so so bad. Ending with Love Is Bigger would have been much better, crowds loved it. Good point about the Adam, Larry and Edge just disappearing off stage. Surreal
    Little Things would be way better closer on e+i. Nobody knew it on JT so it was kinda lost,but on e+i with some visuals would be great - even the lyrics would fit the end of the show...
  8. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    Little Things would be way better closer on e+i. Nobody knew it on JT so it was kinda lost,but on e+i with some visuals would be great - even the lyrics would fit the end of the show...
    I still cannot believe they didn't find room for Little Things somewhere in the setlist. Although I'm remembering Bono had told fans it was hard for him vocally? not sure if he did say that or if it was a 'rumor', but I wish they had played it! It would've made the encore so much better.
  9. I doubt it was hard for him vocally seeing how many times they performed it on JT17. I think they only see the song as being a closer, but they were keen on closing with 13 instead because it fits the theme of the show and the tour better, so Little Things missed out.
  10. Originally posted by iamcrazytonight:[..]
    I still cannot believe they didn't find room for Little Things somewhere in the setlist. Although I'm remembering Bono had told fans it was hard for him vocally? not sure if he did say that or if it was a 'rumor', but I wish they had played it! It would've made the encore so much better.
    I remember seeing this fan-encounter video where B was asked about playing it on e+i.... he did answer it was tough to sing. But not in the "vocal notes" type of way. He said it in the "such an emotional song to be inside of" type of way
  11. Originally posted by iamcrazytonight:[..]
    He didn't mean vocally, it was more of a feeling thing. Apparently the song is too heavy hearted for him to sing it on a regular basis.
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    He didn't mean vocally, it was more of a feeling thing. Apparently the song is too heavy hearted for him to sing it on a regular basis.
    Which he did on JT17...