1. I agree that it's not their best song, but it still is my favourite song.
  2. Spinning Around snippet is the best.
  3. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Ok, this is a thread to honor Elevation, so I'll stop with the jokes. Love the Elevation tour performances. Such an epic opener. Didn't like the Vertigo performances where they wasted the first verse.
    every version after Elevation tour is worse...
    I also loved versions from ATYCLB promo tour
  4. 360 was really good IMO
  5. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:Ok, this is a thread to honor Elevation, so I'll stop with the jokes. Love the Elevation tour performances. Such an epic opener. Didn't like the Vertigo performances where they wasted the first verse.
    True about the wasted verse or was that 360? ...the little tease at the beginning !

I like this song very much. It is a huge crowd pleaser, demolishes stadiums and works well for the casual/new fans !

ie. It has it's place and it has it's purpose, to inject energy into a crowd. It does what it says on the tin !

Of course this somewhat goes against the U2Start way where the majority view is that it needs to be some uber-obscure track but for the emotional uplift it gives, it works everytime for me.
  6. 2000/2001 has twice more energy than any other version...
  7. I don’t know if I’d say they consistently got worse because I preferred 360 over vertigo tour but I do agree 100% the elevation tour is by far the best version. I think it was a great opener at the time now it’s a bit meh.
  8. They should also increase the volume of the synth during the chorus, you can hear it pretty good on the Irving Plaza bootleg, but after 2000 you have to listen very hard to be able to hear it.
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I don’t know if I’d say they consistently got worse because I preferred 360 over vertigo tour but I do agree 100% the elevation tour is by far the best version. I think it was a great opener at the time now it’s a bit meh.
    I mean worse than 2000/2001 version