1. Love IT love IT
  2. elevation’s slane performance is surely an underrated one, with Bono making the sign of the cross before the drop of the song at the start, i loved it
  3. Originally posted by thalloween:elevation’s slane performance is surely an underrated one, with Bono making the sign of the cross before the drop of the song at the start, i loved it
    Well it’s voted the best performance on the site and I’d imagine it’s probably the go to version of the song live for most people maybe along with Boston so I don’t think it is underrated no. I actually do enjoy elevation more on the Slane and Boston gigs, elevation tour in general really, compared to later tours. The influx intro works great and helped it be a strong opener. On E&I the influx intro didn’t work the same for me although it was the best since the elevation tour for me same with JT2019.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Well it’s voted the best performance on the site and I’d imagine it’s probably the go to version of the song live for most people maybe along with Boston so I don’t think it is underrated no. I actually do enjoy elevation more on the Slane and Boston gigs, elevation tour in general really, compared to later tours. The influx intro works great and helped it be a strong opener. On E&I the influx intro didn’t work the same for me although it was the best since the elevation tour for me same with JT2019.
    i agree with you
  5. Elevation Tour - Amazing (obviously)
    Vertigo Tour - Excellent
    360 Tour - Quite Good
    ie (and beyond) - Meh. I’m good.
  6. I’d go from best to worst

Elevation tour
    E&I/JT2019
    I&E/JT2017
    Vertigo tour
  7. No to Vertigo tour? Fair enough but I like the slow intro back then. To me the song wore thin by ie with the Paris performance being the low point (with apologies to any of you who danced on stage to that one).
  8. I will also confess that I sorta gave up on the live versions of the song by 2018.
  9. Originally posted by RUMMY:No to Vertigo tour? Fair enough but I like the slow intro back then. To me the song wore thin by ie with the Paris performance being the low point (with apologies to any of you who danced on stage to that one).
    Really dislike the vertigo tour versions. We’ve all got our preferences though I accept. 360 was just about acceptable, I still didn’t want it in the set even back then particularly when they had played shows without it I was getting my hopes up about it being dropped more but sure enough it just became more of a regular as the tour went and I unfortunately got it at my 3 shows. Wasn’t terrible though just takes up a valuable Setlist slot. I&E Glasgow 2 was a treat to get a show without elevation, desire and Angel of Harlem have never sounded so good when compared to elevation and sweetest thing the night before, quite possibly the worst 2 song sequence of any U2 show I can think of. JT2017 they didn’t really do anything with it but at least bringing back the influx intro in 2018 and 2019 brought back some of the elevation tour magic just a pity that the song had been so overplayed by that point but if I just listen to the songs without thinking about how much it’s been played my order above stands.
  10. I didn't want to post this on the Sphere thread as it is irrelevant to the U2:UV residency - even though the video I am sharing here is a response to the Elevation/Vertigo conversation that broke out on the Sphere thread - , so I am sharing this video on this thread instead. To each their own; however, both songs are almost always received extremely well from the crowd, and even though they are not my favorite songs, I would also go nuts if I was in that crowd on the video and I'm sure that moment would've stayed with me.
  11. Originally posted by iamcrazytonight:I didn't want to post this on the Sphere thread as it is irrelevant to the U2:UV residency - even though the video I am sharing here is a response to the Elevation/Vertigo conversation that broke out on the Sphere thread - , so I am sharing this video on this thread instead. To each their own; however, both songs are almost always received extremely well from the crowd, and even though they are not my favorite songs, I would also go nuts if I was in that crowd on the video and I'm sure that moment would've stayed with me.
    [YouTube Video]
    Yes those songs are amazing live. Crowd goes crazy when they are performed. I remember going crazy during those songs in Croke Park in 2017. Elevation > Vertigo is among the best U2 song combination/transitions imo.