1. Didnt Bono say prior to NLOTH release it was their best album to date? Then they dropped all but 2 songs for the 2nd and 3rd years of the tour.This makes me think an alum like SOA probably wont surface,hope i'm wrong.
  2. Originally posted by kezman:Didnt Bono say prior to NLOTH release it was their best album to date? Then they dropped all but 2 songs for the 2nd and 3rd years of the tour.This makes me think an alum like SOA probably wont surface,hope i'm wrong.
    Maybe they’ll release SOA and not tour it but release and tour the rock n roll album soon after. They did usually play 4 songs from NLOTH though towards the end of 360, magnificent, boots, I’ll go crazy and moment of surrender. Magnificent did miss a good chunk of the last leg but was played occasionally right up until the 4th last show.
  3. Originally posted by kezman:Didnt Bono say prior to NLOTH release it was their best album to date? Then they dropped all but 2 songs for the 2nd and 3rd years of the tour.This makes me think an alum like SOA probably wont surface,hope i'm wrong.
    Every band says that about their new album, lol.
  4. I'm excited either way, because it's new music from my favorite band and once again I'm gonna be super overwhelmed and ecstatic What Bono said is a bit strange to me. So, Bono said 'we have this beautiful, ecstatic album called SOA...' even mentions they're 15 psalms, like the album is ready to go, the tunes / ideas have been already worked on. Maybe, SOA's identity is atmospheric and anthemic U2 style. Then, he says 'But I'd love to do a rock n roll album' which he has also said before right after their last gig of 2018 tour. So, it's a great thing for us fans that U2 are already talking about a new album (when just a few months ago, a lot of people thought U2 would never release a new album), but it's interesting to see which direction they'll eventually take. If SOA is a bold album with special tunes and atmospheric textures, it sure sounds like a great idea. Then again, if Bono literally means 'a straightforward fck off rock n roll album' then I'm super excited about that as well (even though I usually prefer the more 'ethereal' tunes) because, for me, the band has never released an album with such an identity, with such a purpose and if they can write some hard-hitting, powerhouse rock n roll tunes I think it can be something we've never heard from the band before. Whatever direction they take, I hope they nail it.
  5. I hope for All My Life en the studio version of North Star (transformers movie)
  6. Don't forget, it is Bono who is talking here....., it is a question how serious this can be taken.
  7. Damn, hearing Bono describe this 15 song album as if it's already prepared and finished, this atmospheric album about such subjects... I can just imagine receiving it now and having all those songs to discover. I'm aching for it !
  8. I feel like if it was up to Bono u2 albums would be released far more frequently, maybe not keeping as consistently high a level as they manage but definitely more often. However I feel like Edge is more in control of when things get released. I’m not saying it’s his decision only but I can imagine the other band members are happy to let him be a bit of a decision maker. Larry even mentioned briefly in an interview, I can’t remember which one exactly but saying how he left it down to edge to decide what songs they would play, it sounds like Edge is the main man.
  9. I'd be super-okay with U2 releasing a more atmospheric record that they didn't tour to promote.
  10. I do like the band touring new albums and playing 7 or 8 songs from it every show but if it was an album they thought wouldn’t work live and we could get another album soon after that which was toured i’d be happy enough with that as well. Realistically I don’t think it’s going to happen but they probably have the songs there to release SOA next year and work on another album to be released late 2021/early 2022.
  11. Same! I'm just glad when SoA is mentioned, knowing they haven't canned it.