1. Before sleep in a dark room, have to get in the zone, want to feel this album in the best possible way!
  2. I'll just listen to it when I wake up.
  3. drive to work takes about the length of the album
  4. no skips. has to be listened to as a complete piece of work
  5. 1 december. After work and dinner, in the evening. Quiet place, bedroom. The rest of the family will be somewhere else. Put it in my cdplayer. From first start to end. Not even skip Get Out...So I can listen to every peace of instrument and Bono's well written songstext I hear. And make my review. Later I will read this forum and hear from me.
  6. Yeah, I think it's really important to listen to the new album straight through. Skipping a song on the first listen would just feel like cheating to me. I want to hear how the whole thing works together, because most U2 albums are greater than the sum of their parts. In fact, the only U2 albums I think are less than the sum of their parts are ATYCLB and R&H, but that's offtopic...
  7. At this rate, we'll listen to the album by parts. If they release The Showman in the next few days, we've already heard half of the album by the time is fully released.

Anyway. Like I said before, I don't have cd player anymore, and I never really "had" a turntable... but... I remembered there's actually a turntable in the house, is just that it's so old (it's a 40+ year old wooden furniture), that hasn't been used as a turntable in the last 20/30 years or so. So today I opened it, removed some spiderwebs, dusted it a little, and found some poetry vinyl to check if it still worked. After a few tries, apparently it does.
    So, I think I'll go for the vinyl (but I guess I'll need to buy a needle or something, I'm clueless when it comes to this subject), which will become the first vinyl I'd ever own.

The bad part, is that there's no way I'll listen to it this way on december 1st, which is friday, which is a workday... ...but -if the album is not leaked before december- Australia is ahead of times for a few hours, so I'd hope to have access to a first listen somewhere in the middle of the night, which would be perfect to listen it with no interruptions. Then I'll be listening to it on permanent replay all friday, and then all the weekend on the turntable (I'm actually excited about the whole turntable thing, not as much as the album itself, but still).

That's plan A.

If the album is leaked days earlier, I just hope is not during working hours.
  8. On a mountain.
  9. download the leak next week
  10. As soon as my vinyl arrives. I'll crack open a beer, throw in the headphones, crank it to 11 and kick back for the full ride.