1. 4,5 / 5

I consider the remix of ordinary love and the strings version of lights of home as fillers

Also.... Pre-reasing 5 songs (Blackout, get out, best thing, American soul and little things) wasn't a wise choice..
    I believe that most of us skip the songs in a playlist (maybe not the little things)
  2. 4 stars - A good album

5/5 are : war, the achtung baby
  3. just misses a 4 - a good album, well produced, good lyrics, a bit too much love and not quite enough protest (sounding) - and what is up with the song titles?? Some songs are over by the time I read the title.
  4. I have not listened to any of the new tracks yet. I heard Little Things in concert, but I already forgot it before I left the stadium, can't remember a single beep of it.
    That being said, I didn't play any U2 boots or tracks since June 2016 (go figure, they're still my favorite band).

Since the leak appeared I have read many opinions and reviews and notes people left everywhere (fans, not magazines etc.) which tears me apart more and more whether to listen to it or not. Some say it's their worst, some even have the balls to say it's better than Achtung Baby.

Most people act like "it's a U2 album, you only need to listen to it often enough to like it" well, no. NLOTH got me right from the first play and to date, it's still my favorite album und has more plays than any other U2 record.
    I didn't like SOI in the first place, and well - even October hast 3x more plays than this album. SOI had amazing lyrics at least, that made me go to the concerts.

I read the SOE lyrics and I cannot find any sense in them, nothing there that's talking to me. some even make me think "did Bono had a glass too much?".

Guess I'm afraid that one thing being stable over 3 decades in my life might finally disappoint me.
    I don't think I will listen to it that soon.
  5. Originally posted by sparko:I have not listened to any of the new tracks yet. I heard Little Things in concert, but I already forgot it before I left the stadium, can't remember a single beep of it.
    That being said, I didn't play any U2 boots or tracks since June 2016 (go figure, they're still my favorite band).

Since the leak appeared I have read many opinions and reviews and notes people left everywhere (fans, not magazines etc.) which tears me apart more and more whether to listen to it or not. Some say it's their worst, some even have the balls to say it's better than Achtung Baby.

Most people act like "it's a U2 album, you only need to listen to it often enough to like it" well, no. NLOTH got me right from the first play and to date, it's still my favorite album und has more plays than any other U2 record.
    I didn't like SOI in the first place, and well - even October hast 3x more plays than this album. SOI had amazing lyrics at least, that made me go to the concerts.

I read the SOE lyrics and I cannot find any sense in them, nothing there that's talking to me. some even make me think "did Bono had a glass too much?".

Guess I'm afraid that one thing being stable over 3 decades in my life might finally disappoint me.
    I'm really intrigued to the "won't listen to it" approach... I kinda want to experience it (but only "kinda" )

yeah, probably you wouldn't have liked it anyway, so it's not big deal I guess.

6. Originally posted by sparko:I have not listened to any of the new tracks yet. I heard Little Things in concert, but I already forgot it before I left the stadium, can't remember a single beep of it.

same feeling, but after listening SOE only listenning 3, or 4 tracks, the others i don´t care much
  7. Didn't listen to it - waiting while trying to buy a Stereo Receiver.
  8. There are a handful of great songs, a large chunk of pretty good songs, and a couple meh songs. 4/5 for me, just a really classic U2 album. Rarely are they "perfect" and they shouldn't all have to be. It hits the sweet spot as a U2 fan and that's what I care about most.
  9. 4/5 stars seems to be our consensus:

How would you rate Songs of Experience as a whole after a few listens?
    5 stars - An excellent album - 41.1%
    4 stars - A good album 32.6%
    I haven't listened to it yet 13.4%
    3 stars - An average album 7.5%
    2 stars - It's below average 3.3%
    1 star - One of their worst albums 1.7%

Total votes: 1152
  10. The new poll... my fav track is missing
  11. 3/5. An average pop album.