1. Thank you. That's the page which I was looking for. Sorry for not being more clear about which "Dandelion Market page".
  2. While we're on the subject of obsolete U2 related institutions: did Amp Visual, which did U2 artwork and packaging, close? Their website seems to be offline: http://www.ampvisual.com/
  3. Shaughn McGrath (former AMP partner) seems to be doing the design work on his own now. No website, just an IG page.
  4. Can't say i blame him
  5. troubled man indeed seemingly looking for something to fill a void

U2 don't fill a void for me - my life would be just as good without U2 in it

but, boy, am i glad they are in it

6. I'm happy and proud to disagree with that. U2 have made my life much better at so many levels Thanks to U2 I started playing guitar almost 20 years ago. Thanks to U2 I started moderating U2start in early 2007, and the amount of friends I made thanks to that is insane. Thanks to moderatign U2start I got my first real paid job as a chat moderator/customer service agent in a Spanish website in 2012 and thanks to that I met the woman I have lived with since 2013 and whom I married last year. So I definitely owe a lot to U2 (and U2start) and I can confidently say my life is much better thanks to them.
  7. Kinda crazy to try and write a book in the midst of all that? Serving a microcosm of crazy fans must take its toll and he is not wrong about the GA nonsense etc. You really have to make an active effort to not let that shit annoy you. Life is better when you learn how to do it though.

I fall in and out of love with U2 constantly but 2017 onwards has been particularly sad to to see. They just make decisions that don’t sit well with me and my lack of respect for the Vegas charade has surprised even me.

There will always be AB, Zooropa, Brussels 87 and Milan 92 though. Pretty much all I ever need for the rest of my days.
  8. There’s always been a sense of entitlement among some hard-core U2 fans, and it really seemed to get worse in the past 5-10 years. It extended to getting concert tickets, forming GA lines, getting on stage with the band, and lots of other aspects of being a fan. The hard-core, uber U2 fan community wasn’t something I wanted to be part of anymore.
    He's spot on though
  9. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:[..]
    troubled man indeed seemingly looking for something to fill a void

U2 don't fill a void for me - my life would be just as good without U2 in it

but, boy, am i glad they are in it
    troubled?

Do you mean like stalking streets at dawn with a bloody knife troubled? Or creating a website that connects people that may be dislocated or socially disconnected.

I would say that @u2 was really ahead of its time and in put in years of community building and great resource. Just because you wouldn't do it doesn't mean that it is not valid.

And yes there are wider social issues with technology, identity and belonging in the 21C.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

I'm happy and proud to disagree with that. U2 have made my life much better at so many levels Thanks to U2 I started playing guitar almost 20 years ago. Thanks to U2 I started moderating U2start in early 2007, and the amount of friends I made thanks to that is insane. Thanks to moderatign U2start I got my first real paid job as a chat moderator/customer service agent in a Spanish website in 2012 and thanks to that I met the woman I have lived with since 2013 and whom I married last year. So I definitely owe a lot to U2 (and U2start) and I can confidently say my life is much better thanks to them.
    you U2 slut