1. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    Yes it does. Have you been getting good mileage out of that reissue? Happy to also read that you managed to get a good price on the POP album too. I think that is a great album.
    POP has always been my fav, the vinyl set is amazing. Might as well get them all now as only need 4 more albums...ATYCLB is only £15 on Amazon at the mo
  2. Originally posted by zooropa93:[..]
    POP has always been my fav, the vinyl set is amazing. Might as well get them all now as only need 4 more albums...ATYCLB is only £15 on Amazon at the mo
    May as well Matt. They will all look and sound great when complete. I hope they reissue No Line so you don't have to pay silly prices.
    Yes, POP is a great album and will be the one that folks will look at in years to come (as many already do) and wonder why it was so vilified by band and critics. Hearing MOFO belt out on all those POPMART gigs I went to was really something.
  3. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    May as well Matt. They will all look and sound great when complete. I hope they reissue No Line so you don't have to pay silly prices.
    Yes, POP is a great album and will be the one that folks will look at in years to come (as many already do) and wonder why it was so vilified by band and critics. Hearing MOFO belt out on all those POPMART gigs I went to was really something.
    Problem is that No Line and Bomb are two of my least favourites but need to complete the collection. The moment I read the Q mag in Feb 97 which gave a breakdown of each track I couldn’t wait, listening to MOFO on the listening stand in HMV as I couldn’t wait to get home and listen to it. Summer 97 was great- festivals, Chemical Brothers, Blur, Radiohead, Prodigy... POPMART, another reason I hold POP so close to my heart.
  4. Originally posted by zooropa93:[..]
    Problem is that No Line and Bomb are two of my least favourites but need to complete the collection. The moment I read the Q mag in Feb 97 which gave a breakdown of each track I couldn’t wait, listening to MOFO on the listening stand in HMV as I couldn’t wait to get home and listen to it. Summer 97 was great- festivals, Chemical Brothers, Blur, Radiohead, Prodigy... POPMART, another reason I hold POP so close to my heart.
    Yes!! '97 was a great year for the gigs, as was '93 too.
    I think Wake Up Dead Man was always going to be a given to close those POPMART shows. Being at the Roundhay Park gig in Leeds in the pissing rain was just amazing.
    Something about outdoor summer gigs in the rain! Gives extra atmosphere. Same for radiohead in Oxford in 2001 where it was non-stop rain and the lightning hitting the stage. Thom Yorke must have paid a fortune to Bono for that act of God!
  5. Cool, being from Oxford originally I have always had a soft spot for Radiohead. You ever had any joy with getting hold of Passengers on vinyl?
  6. Originally posted by zooropa93:Cool, being from Oxford originally I have always had a soft spot for Radiohead. You ever had any joy with getting hold of Passengers on vinyl?
    Really loved what Radiohead were doing for Kid A and Amnesiac (it's their Achtung baby/Zooropa moment).
    As for Passengers, I have been collecting U2 releases since 1980 and have bought all releases on day of issue, so yes, I have Passengers on a number of vinyl issues along with all promotional items too. I really like what they did with that album.
    I am guessing you are looking for a copy of that too Matt?
    Somehow I can't see that being reissued for quite a while.
  7. I know... gutted. I often put it on for background music when working, thinks it’s amazing... would love a copy as have all my vinyl in a room with just a sofa, record player and records, love sitting with the lights down just listening, no flicking through tracks or anything, just playing the whole of an album.
  8. Originally posted by zooropa93:I know... gutted. I often put it on for background music when working, thinks it’s amazing... would love a copy as have all my vinyl in a room with just a sofa, record player and records, love sitting with the lights down just listening, no flicking through tracks or anything, just playing the whole of an album.
    The very reason I would never part with all this vinyl I have amassed here over the years! The rooms are flooded with it all. To the point I have reinforced my floorboards.
  9. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    The very reason I would never part with all this vinyl I have amassed here over the years! The rooms are flooded with it all. To the point I have reinforced my floorboards.
    Cool, like I said... late to the party, I had my U2 original vinyl from the 80’s but stopped after Achtung and just brought CD’s.
  10. Originally posted by zooropa93:[..]
    Cool, like I said... late to the party, I had my U2 original vinyl from the 80’s but stopped after Achtung and just brought CD’s.
    One is never late to the U2 party Matt. Always a lifetime to enjoy and collect their output. Enjoy the ride!

11. My only vinyl bootleg, brought years ago