Experience and Innocence tour
Legs (3): Promo tour, Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe
Shows: 79
  1. Because the lyrics are just rejoice over and over and that Burmese lady was just released from house arrest? There was a thematic reason, they didn't just pull it out of the blue like hawk moon or tomorrow would come from
  2. Originally posted by dylbagz:[..]
    Because the lyrics are just rejoice over and over and that Burmese lady was just released from house arrest? There was a thematic reason, they didn't just pull it out of the blue like hawk moon or tomorrow would come from
    I always thought it was strange that An Cat Dubh appeared on the Vertigo Tour after 21 years... as you say, anything is possible.
  3. no doubt on 1st april there will be some april fools leak of a faked rehearsal and the majority on here will fall for it as they have with similar stuff in the past.
  4. Originally posted by zooropa93:[..]
    I always thought it was strange that An Cat Dubh appeared on the Vertigo Tour after 21 years... as you say, anything is possible.
    Yeah there’s been plenty of examples of songs randomly showing up. Where did Zooropa on 360 come from and even October on I&E was a bit out of nowhere. I think there’s definitely a possibility for one or two obscure songs that remain in the Setlist for a substantial amount of time (drowning man and something else maybe) and then the likes of singles that haven’t been played in years, wild horses, discotheque, staring at the sun, the Fly. I guess some people would maybe want a whole Setlist full of obscure stuff but I think most of us just want certain singles replaced by others with the odd crazy one thrown in and I really think it’s going to happen.
  5. I guess they can leave out some of the classics they almost always play such as Pride, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Beautiful Day, One..even WOWY and Bad, to make room for new unexpected songs. Although, it's hard to imagine a U2 tour with no such songs. Maybe if they actually do play longer sets, they can keep the classics, but also surprise us with the rarities...
  6. Originally posted by iamcrazytonight:I guess they can leave out some of the classics they almost always play such as Pride, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Beautiful Day, One..even WOWY and Bad, to make room for new unexpected songs. Although, it's hard to imagine a U2 tour with no such songs. Maybe if they actually do play longer sets, they can keep the classics, but also surprise us with the rarities...
    I would LOVE a Pride-less show. I would welcome it. But I just don't see it happening...
  7. Right there with you.
    I'd also be beyond OK with a show without Sunday Bloody Sunday...
  8. They don’t even need to drop the classics. October, Zooropa, electric co/out of control/Gloria, ebttrt, bullet, i will Follow, desire/sweetest thing, angel Of Harlem/ elevation that’s 8 setlist places for starters from the I&E tour then they played 6 SOI + invisible, so if you swap the SOE for SOI and play different stuff in places of the ones I mentioned they can even keep the crowd pleasers. I think we can pretty much expect that. Maybe an extra SOE song and some more shuffling but 8 SOE, 8 classics + 8 others from the past which will probably be mainly singles anyway but the lesser played ones.
  9. how long a set are you lot expecting? let's take the o2 as an example. Start time on the ticket 8pm so at best 8.15 or as has been mentioned elsewhere more likely 8.30 up to even 8.45pm. The o2 has a curfew of 11pm. Let's say we can squeeze it between 8.30 and 11 then. take off a few minutes for an intermission again? take off a few minutes twice for encore applause and then let's take off god knows how long for bono's rambling, the thank you and acknowledgements of everybody and their dustman who no one in the audience cares about or even knows and what are you left with?
  10. They played 25/26 songs at the o2 the last time and pretty much all venues so I’d expect around about that. 24 songs at least.
  11. Why not? I attended a Pride-less show in 2010, and it had previously missed 25 gigs in a row. If they did it during their biggest tour in history why wouldn't they do it again? I think the only songs that are "sacred" to them regarding setlists are WOWY and Streets. Not even One is untouchable anymore since 2015.
  12. And WOWY missed a solid chunk of Vertigo dates, did it not?