2018-05-07 - San Jose
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 28
Audio recordings: 4
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:So, now that 1st show is up and I can give my first proper listen to the set... does anyone else think ABOY is an odd, random selection?

Not saying I don't like it... I do. It just makes me wonder how the light bulb came on in rehearsals that said "let's do that one"
    It's a song with a heavy Thankyou-God theme, so I think it fits nicely after the whole "Jesus, WTF?" in Lights of Home.

2. Is he telling me? LOL, I was the one that posted it. And yes to all the "It's not proper to call it a bootleg" comments.

Oh and night two is posted at U2T as well.
  3. That connection makes sense.

I think others have also pointed out that these lines at the end of ABOY indicate a desire to return to a state of innocence and rebirth that make sense leading into the songs from Boy and SOI: "I'm alive / I'm being born / I've just arrived / At the place I started out from / And I want back inside..."

Seeing as they played Red Flag Day in this spot the other night, though, maybe they aren't too set on keeping that theme in there each night?
  4. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    That connection makes sense.

I think others have also pointed out that these lines at the end of ABOY indicate a desire to return to a state of innocence and rebirth that make sense leading into the songs from Boy and SOI: "I'm alive / I'm being born / I've just arrived / At the place I started out from / And I want back inside..."

Seeing as they played Red Flag Day in this spot the other night, though, maybe they aren't too set on keeping that theme in there each night?
    But they have included Gloria, which is another song about being thankful to God, is basically the same song. So I don't think there's a problem in there...

---

(just in case someone's wondering, when Bono says "I Am" in ABOY, he means God/Yahweh, so, one way to read the lyrics is "All because of you, Yahweh", the whole song is about God)
  5. Originally posted by Bloodraven:[..]
    But they have included Gloria, which is another song about being thankful to God, is basically the same song. So I don't think there's a problem in there...

---

(just in case someone's wondering, when Bono says "I Am" in ABOY, he means God/Yahweh, so, one way to read the lyrics is "All because of you, Yahweh", the whole song is about God)
    Good point about Gloria. And I'm with you about the "I AM" referring to Yahweh. At my school right now where I just finished teaching one of my classes on the Old Testament.

Wondering now if Gloria will become a regular but if they will rotate the ABOY/Red Flag Day spot...
  6. Originally posted by bpt3:[..]
    Good point about Gloria. And I'm with you about the "I AM" referring to Yahweh. At my school right now where I just finished teaching one of my classes on the Old Testament.

Wondering now if Gloria will become a regular but if they will rotate the ABOY/Red Flag Day spot...
    do you know which is the biblical verse where God says his name is "I am"?
  7. good point... did not connect that
  8. mmh... so...
    (1) First Testament
    (2) Second Book
    (3) Chapter 3, and...

(14) Verse 14...

...interesting...

what's the opening line of the All Because of You album?

And since we're there, what's the closing song of it?
  9. Ok ok, while you are in your Bible group...
    San Jose 2 is now in our show pages! Enjoy!