2018-05-15 - Inglewood
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 28
Audio recordings: 4

1. It was like that most of the night (I was there) the floor wasn't filled there, which allowed the Hippies to twirl around. I think if they hadn't dropped the prices to $46.60 last night, the place might've been emptier.... that's why I went again.
  2. Oh, and I celebrated my 20th U2 show.... which I guess isn't a lot since I've been seeing them since the Conspiracy of Hope tour in '86.
  3. LA night one bootleg is up now, unless people would rather bitch about how full or empty the arena is towards the encore. Or would rather just listen to the music. Choice is yours. I know what one i will be choosing as i really couldnt care less if an arena is 3/4 full or 100% full as it doesnt affect my enjoyment of the show any less.
    http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=621723
  4. Originally posted by Document:[..]

It was like that most of the night (I was there) the floor wasn't filled there, which allowed the Hippies to twirl around. I think if they hadn't dropped the prices to $46.60 last night, the place might've been emptier.... that's why I went again.
    I think the floor is always a poor indication of attendance. As long as I have been going to U2 shows where there has been GA they have always left plenty of room on the floor, as if intentional so people could move around and grab some air if they needed to...
  5. Was watching AS from LA2. a) Forum looks "sold out" even in the back and b) AS sounds good.
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    I think the floor is always a poor indication of attendance. As long as I have been going to U2 shows where there has been GA they have always left plenty of room on the floor, as if intentional so people could move around and grab some air if they needed to...
    You should have been at the POPMART gigs in Wembley Stadium. They were rammed from the stage right to the back. No room to move! Those were the days!!
  7. At ZooTV in Berlin 1993, the whole upper tier was closed, and not just sections. People who had tickets for the upper tier where moved to the lower tier. And that happened in Berlin, where Achtung Baby was born.
    So some empty seats and closed sections mean really nothing, not even if they're playing arenas.
  8. Originally posted by KieranU2:[..]
    Popmart gets made to be a failure because only around a sixth of the shows sold out, yet, like you said, loads of people still went and it performed well enough. I think they were just a bit optimistic. I remember they put a second Pittsburgh date on sale and it was quickly cancelled because it only sold a handful of tickets. Same with Indianapolis, one date was scheduled but demand was really low.
    Also it often got bad reviews (too big and too commercial), and even some world wide mocked events (the opening night, the macarena fiasco, the stuck lemon...)

Empty seats in a critically acclaimed tour like Zoo TV means nothing, while empty seats in a troubled tour like Popmart clearly meant a failure.
  9. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    You should have been at the POPMART gigs in Wembley Stadium. They were rammed from the stage right to the back. No room to move! Those were the days!!
    I was at Popmart gigs! No cramming... Last time I was pinned to a stage at a U2 gig was TJT87!
  10. I don't know the floor was pretty jammed up and hard to deal with last year during the Rose Bowl Show for the JT17 show.

Any way's, I was pretty excited to hear the younger fans sing out the lyrics to the new songs as well as the old... that was fun. The guy behind me I think must've gotten into them during the HTDAAB period, cause he went nuts for ABOY.
  11. Originally posted by Document:[..]
    I don't know the floor was pretty jammed up and hard to deal with last year during the Rose Bowl Show for the JT17 show.

Any way's, I was pretty excited to hear the younger fans sing out the lyrics to the new songs as well as the old... that was fun. The guy behind me I think must've gotten into them during the HTDAAB period, cause he went nuts for ABOY.
    where were you in the crowd? If you were anywhere from the main stage to the b-stage, you were sardines... about 100 feet back from the b-stage, you could your beer down and dance. at least in miami...