2018-06-09 - Uniondale
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:[..]
    These last years I became more of a "glass half-empty" guy when it comes to U2 -sorry about that, I'll try to fix that-, but never in my wildest, trolling dreams I'd imagine they will bring back this snooze-fest version of SBS, same visuals, same movements on stage, etc. 3 years and 2 tours afterward. Songs are dropped, part of the narrative or not, but they are still playing this.
    I will not complain about the setlists, but that is just too much (or too little) for me.
    Well I agree with you on this version of SBS being a bad choice, not just in terms of bringing it back but playing it on I&E in the first place. That is more about disliking a version of a song though as opposed to the initial complaint about too many repeated songs. For example if they replaced that with SFS I’d be more than happy, another repeated song but a good one imo. Or if they’d played Bad every night on this tour i don’t think that would upset people so i don’t think the initial repeating songs argument is something I agree with in general.
  2. Seeing it live, there a few show killers. SBS, YTBTAM, and 13. This show is missing something powerful like Streets or Bad or even New Years Day. By far the worst ending I’ve seen live or DVD. There were some highlights too (Acrobat, The blackout, COBL, One) but I definitely left feeling underwhelmed. Which is a 180 from how I felt leaving TJT tour last year.
  3. Another video with stellar sound from @larryrulz:

4. Even McPhisto’s speech is on the prompter screen.
  5. All of his words are. Even the names prior to Cedarwood Road: Let's meet Guggi, Gavin etc.
  6. Oh lord.
  7. Even for the band introductions it says The Edge (guitar), Larry (drums), Adam (bass) so that he knows their names and which one plays each instrument. It would be embarrassing for Bonk to introduce Larry on guitar.
  8. Originally posted by iTim:[..]
    Even for the band introductions it says The Edge (guitar), Larry (drums), Adam (bass) so that he knows their names and which one plays each instrument. It would be embarrassing for Bonk to introduce Larry on guitar.
    He has hints even for remembering his own name.
  9. This in fact prompts me to the following... It seems that Bono has slightly altered the lyrics of I Will Follow...

Right in the first verse he seems to sing: "I was caught at a stoplight / I was blind, and I couldn't see..."

Anyone else heard this as well? So far I have heard it in Chicago 2, Nashville and right here in Uniondale

NB: I now hear he's also singing it in the Laval rehearsal...so maybe this is old news?
  10. I think he’s been doing that for a number of years now. Maybe not every single show but certainly a lot of them. He also sings ‘you looked through the window of my soul’ i think instead of just looking through the window.