2018-06-13 - Philadelphia
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Originally posted by pontneuf:I know others have said it, but it bears repeating, this show is fan-fucking-tastic when you are in the arena.
    I get the bitching about the boring, static, set list. But when you are at the show, that all goes away. I loved it. And so did my wife and kids. Just brilliant. I love this band so much.
    Awesome! How was the crowd? I’ve always had epic crowds when I went to see pj there.
  2. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    Someone from pj boards just complained about the same thing in Amsterdam the other day. Had beer thrown at him for standing at a concert. Things like this happen everywhere. The only good crowds left are in SA.
    I was talking about MY (and a few others) experience at U2 show... I'm not saying it can't happen anywhere else...
  3. Same old boring setlist
  4. It’s a great setlist, obviously boring if you check it after every gig or listen to mixlr’s... attend the show first and then comment whether you think it’s boring.
  5. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    I was talking about MY (and a few others) experience at U2 show... I'm not saying it can't happen anywhere else...
    I understand.
  6. Fun show. Was in the RedZone and it wasn't crowded with mostly good people around us. Towards the end of the show, they asked everyone to get down off the steps of the guardrails that the short people were standing on, because someone that couldn't get a spot complained.

Set list was great and it was a show full of high energy. Say what you want about the same old songs like Elevation, Vertigo, etc., but they really rock them hard during the live shows.

In addition to hearing the new songs live for the first time, Acrobat was a first for me, as was Gloria which was very exciting.

Acrobat and Desire were awesome as was American Soul.

Looking forward to the NY shows next.
  7. I thought crowd was very into it. Looked like lower level stood the whole show. Couldn’t tell if upper level was or not.
    Loved the show enough that they can play an unchanged set list tonight and I won’t mind a bit.
    Looking fiorward to seeing it from a different perspective in seats near main stage.
  8. Happy Red Flag Day
  9. I know going to a live show is amazing and every show is unique, regardless of the set but isn't part of the fun not knowing what rotation slot you're going to get and the anticipation?? I realise you could just not look at what they're playing but even then it's very hard not to hear anything about the shows - also, the band hasn't been playing TJT as they feel they've overlayed it and/or are bored of it now after playing it twice a week for 8 months, but surely they must get bored of playing this set over and over, even if it is the new songs.... just a thought
  10. Philly seemed like the most uneventful show of the tour.
  11. It'll always be "the gig after The Apollo" just like Anaheim2 2011 is considered "the live rehearsal for Glastonbury"