2018-06-21 - Boston
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 27
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Originally posted by McPhisto_Davidoff:I think U2 should already think about a concert without technology, so they can play again for playing their music with no other pressure than playing songs.

I said!
    Yes. Thank you.
  2. My wife and I went to both shows and thought they were great. Tonight was the better it the two shows in both of our opinions. It just felt like more energy from the band and the crowd. I know and get the setlist discussions but the show itself is amazing!
  3. I would ask for the setlist but I’m guessing it was the same as last night except ABOY took glorias spot I assume
  4. Yes ABOY instead of Gloria which I was happy with as I am not a huge fan of Gloria and have heard it enough. But the show is MUCH better in person than the setlist appears on paper or even listening to the bootlegs. I wasn't looking forward to it but man it was great and my friend who I took had never seen them live and he was absolutely blown away. He kept saying over and over "This is so awesome!" and "They are so good!" Bono sounded great to me and from people I talked with who were there last night said this night was better energy and performance. Place was packed as well. No curtains in site. Could barely move in GA too.
  5. Originally posted by unclejosh:Yes ABOY instead of Gloria which I was happy with as I am not a huge fan of Gloria and have heard it enough. But the show is MUCH better in person than the setlist appears on paper or even listening to the bootlegs. I wasn't looking forward to it but man it was great and my friend who I took had never seen them live and he was absolutely blown away. He kept saying over and over "This is so awesome!" and "They are so good!" Bono sounded great to me and from people I talked with who were there last night said this night was better energy and performance. Place was packed as well. No curtains in site. Could barely move in GA too.
  6. Originally posted by unclejosh:Yes ABOY instead of Gloria which I was happy with as I am not a huge fan of Gloria and have heard it enough. But the show is MUCH better in person than the setlist appears on paper or even listening to the bootlegs. I wasn't looking forward to it but man it was great and my friend who I took had never seen them live and he was absolutely blown away. He kept saying over and over "This is so awesome!" and "They are so good!" Bono sounded great to me and from people I talked with who were there last night said this night was better energy and performance. Place was packed as well. No curtains in site. Could barely move in GA too.
    Sounds amazing, can't wait until Europe. Thanks for such a positive review, getting a bit tired of all the negativity from all the 'fans' who are expecting some sort of Lovetown set list every night and not getting that this is a story/show/narrative, etc.
  7. Those "fans" only have to look at the last tour to see a stark difference between the U2 of 2015 and the current one. Still love them, love the new album, but come on.
  8. Back stage

9. Reading your comments, some of you should really just stop listening to U2 and stop following their concerts. Or go take a walk maybe, this kind of negativity does no good to anything.
  10. It's the best band in the world. Especially their Live performance. We know almost from start of the tour the setlist will be hardly changing. Their shows are awesome doesn't matter what songs. I want also more rotation in their setlists, so be it. It's hard we doesn't hear any JT songs, we know for a long time already. I ask myself too, are they never get sick of playing Elevation, BD, Vertgo, SBS, COBL etc every night. European shows are coming, hopefully we see some difference. But I hardly believe it.
  11. Originally posted by Sev00:Reading your comments, some of you should really just stop listening to U2 and stop following their concerts. Or go take a walk maybe, this kind of negativity does no good to anything.
    We all may express our thoughts and feelings Sven, even if they don't agree with you. And even if they don't agree with U2.

Now to say that people should "take a walk" and "stop following" U2 concert is not a nice thing to say either...

I'm sure though that indeed some people walked away. There are always people walking away...even after Achtung Baby people walked away...

Now, ofcourse, there is a limited to repeating the same old comment over and over again, but, hey, U2 is playing the same set over and over again as well...

Just give each other room for thought and feeling. Dissapointment is not either negative or positive: it's an emotion above all. And emotions are just there. Most of the time they will fade away, or replaced by other emotions.

And it may help to realize that "dissapointment" only comes from where there is a connection to that - or those - for which we care for. It's not an easy thing to give up that connection and care, and just walk away.