1. I think when it comes to the tour dvd the most important thing is the energy coming from the band. The performance on a technical level is almost insignificant as it can just be edited anyway. Obviously they wouldn’t want to be making mistakes which can ruin the atmosphere but that wasn’t the case in Berlin, the crowd were amazing from start to finish. The band were amazing too.
  2. When has the tour DVD/Blu Ray been the best show of the tour ever? I would argue never, with the possible exception of Red Rocks 1983.
  3. just for the collection keep it sealed
  4. I just say that it's sad to see the videos of the perfect performances of Dublin, Belfast, Manchester on youtube and not be able to see the best quality on a dvd or blu ray !
  5. First time for everything. Genuinely...people doubt buying a U2 DVD ? Preferring multicams over pro shot stuff ?

Would be nice to see Corbijn directed U2 (ie JT30 DVD) but is that shelved if they will release Berlin E/I (presumably this is the next U2 dvd ?).
  6. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]
    When has the tour DVD/Blu Ray been the best show of the tour ever? I would argue never, with the possible exception of Red Rocks 1983.
    aside from Rose Bowl I think all U2 DVDs / Blurays are perfect !
  7. What about them messing up desire on Popmart, and that wasn’t edited out. Or gone for elevation Boston which had visuals from a different show at times. Or Bono stuttering over the lyrics in the second verse Yahweh for vertigo Chicago? Adam coming in too early for angel of Harlem for slane castle. I’m a big fan of the u2 dvd releases but none of them feature the perfect technical performance. That’s even after editing. Berlin has the potential to be one of the best dvd releases yet, it will be my favourite if it’s released.
  8. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]
    When has the tour DVD/Blu Ray been the best show of the tour ever? I would argue never, with the possible exception of Red Rocks 1983.
    I'd argue Slane is most definitely up there, but you ain't wrong.
  9. Agreed, but it was not the best show of the Elevation tour. Slane 1 was probably the best of that tour. Also for the indoor (most of the Elevation tour) the first leg NY shows were supposedly some of the best ever by the band.

I'm not saying none of the official releases were good shows. But they certainly were not the best shows of their respective tours and that was the inference I was pointing out.
  10. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]
    Agreed, but it was not the best show of the Elevation tour. Slane 1 was probably the best of that tour. Also for the indoor (most of the Elevation tour) the first leg NY shows were supposedly some of the best ever by the band.

I'm not saying none of the official releases were good shows. But they certainly were not the best shows of their respective tours and that was the inference I was pointing out.
    Fair enough. I have to admit I haven't listened to enough of that tour to know for sure, but yeah, those shows are said to have been legendary.
  11. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]
    Agreed, but it was not the best show of the Elevation tour. Slane 1 was probably the best of that tour. Also for the indoor (most of the Elevation tour) the first leg NY shows were supposedly some of the best ever by the band.

No you're wrong I was at both Slane shows the first 1 was like a wake the 2nd one was like a New year's eve party everything just aligned that night the band were on fire the crowd were crazy no show on that tour had the energy ,passion and brilliance of those gigs particularly the 2nd one hence why it was released on DVD instead of the first night.
  12. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    No you're wrong I was at both Slane shows the first 1 was like a wake the 2nd one was like a New year's eve party everything just aligned that night the band were on fire the crowd were crazy no show on that tour had the energy ,passion and brilliance of those gigs particularly the 2nd one hence why it was released on DVD instead of the first night.
    well, I think that was decided before the shows actually happened. I don't think there was any serious filming on the first night. Setlist on night 1 also was maybe a bit too similar to the Boston dvd.