1. I don’t want to knock anyone’s opinion but aren’t livenation involved with just about all the big artists in one way or another? Sure it’s not going to fill us all with optimism but it doesn’t really change anything in the direction the band will go. Its like people are waiting for the next reason to criticise the band yet they are in the middle of a tour where they are heavily promoting new material and now look to be planning for future tours and albums into there late 50’s/early 60’s. It’s like the more this band gives the more people want from them.
  2. Originally posted by siblis:Watch them start headlining Vegas with Donny and Marie, Celine Dion, Britney Spears, Shania Twain, Wayne Newton and others....they are fast becoming a joke and a greedy joke at that.

What the actual fuck? They had the biggest tour of 2017, a number one album, and the 6th best selling album so far this year in the world. Not to mention a number one song on the dance chart as I type this. A joke? What world do you live in where that’s happening to anyone you just listed? Christ.. talk about spoiled people..
  3. They had the choice to walk away and make life easier for the fans, they decided not to.
  4. In what way would walking away make life easier for the fans? I’d suggest walking away would only make things more difficult for the band and make no difference for the fans.
  5. Originally posted by siblis:Watch them start headlining Vegas with Donny and Marie, Celine Dion, Britney Spears, Shania Twain, Wayne Newton and others....they are fast becoming a joke and a greedy joke at that.

Hey, at least I'd know where to go to see them and have some fun afterwards (and beforehand...and over the next couple of days!!!!).
  6. Some people on here eat, drink and shit U2 as they can do no wrong. You don't see an aging rock band before ur eyes trying to cash in and phone it in?
  7. Originally posted by siblis:Some people on here eat, drink and shit U2 as they can do no wrong. You don't see an aging rock band before ur eyes trying to cash in and phone it in?
    I see a band doing what no band has done to this point. So there’s zero blueprint, they’re inventing this as they go. A band with all original member after 40 years, biggest tour, one of the biggest albums of the year, doing as well in the land of relevance as any rock band is these days. There’s zero gratitude for the work they put in. Any other band would have been doing the Joshua Tree tour for the last 8 years at this point. Oh no they’re getting older... is that what worries us? It is it that it just reminds us how we’re getting that much older too. Aging rock band..sure..aging fans, oh no doubt.
  8. really starting to hate a word "relevance"...
  9. Originally posted by siblis:Some people on here eat, drink and shit U2 as they can do no wrong. You don't see an aging rock band before ur eyes trying to cash in and phone it in?
    thats because its a U2 site
  10. I don't really get the negativity. People are taking this far too seriously. In my opinion going to a U2 show is about going to see a great band playing great songs and having a great night. If I can do that for another 10 years then that's fantastic. Sure, Bono's voice won't sound the same at age 65 and they won't be writing material nearly as good as they did in their prime. But when I go to a U2 show I know I'm going to have a great night singing and hearing my favourite songs played by my favourite band. Nothing wrong with another 10 years of that!!
  11. Originally posted by TheEdge10:I don't really get the negativity. People are taking this far too seriously. In my opinion going to a U2 show is about going to see a great band playing great songs and having a great night. If I can do that for another 10 years then that's fantastic. Sure, Bono's voice won't sound the same at age 65 and they won't be writing material nearly as good as they did in their prime. But when I go to a U2 show I know I'm going to have a great night singing and hearing my favourite songs played by my favourite band. Nothing wrong with another 10 years of that!!
    the problem isn't band, the problem is LiveNation/Ticketmaster