2018-09-20 - Madrid
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 25
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I trust this information but I’m just curious why Milan of all places? Nothing against Milan obviously but it just seems a bit random, 4 shows there but there was 4 shows in Paris as well and very little changed.
    My "guess" is that originally Paris was the plan but they did not think the "change(s)" were ready. They are probably going to continue this basic setlist when there is two nights. But night 3 and 4 (IE Milan and Dublin) could be different. Also 4 nights at the same venue gives them more time to rehearse vs. actually soundcheck (they are different).
    Again, my "guess" is if they feel it works they may use it on night two's. But do not hold your breath and take all of it with a HUGE grain of salt.

I have heard U2 rehearse things that never made it out of soundcheck that were awesome. So you just never know. They are artists and can change their minds about their art without a really good reason.
  2. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]
    My "guess" is that originally Paris was the plan but they did not think the "change(s)" were ready. They are probably going to continue this basic setlist when there is two nights. But night 3 and 4 (IE Milan and Dublin) could be different. Also 4 nights at the same venue gives them more time to rehearse vs. actually soundcheck (they are different).
    Again, my "guess" is if they feel it works they may use it on night two's. But do not hold your breath and take all of it with a HUGE grain of salt.

I have heard U2 rehearse things that never made it out of soundcheck that were awesome. So you just never know. They are artists and can change their minds about their art without a really good reason.
    Yes and the Landlady soundcheck was definitely the band technicians with backing tracks.
  3. Nothing much will change
  4. Originally posted by Blue_Room:[..]

Holy crap. Play the songs. Really? You’d think these songs were 8 min opus’s with odd time signatures and tempo changes. Just play one of them at least. These aren’t difficult songs. Man I hope these guys loosen up one day.
  5. What I heard is that both are true. Road crew set it up first. The band did work on the song though. Working out how the screen is going to work with it is part of the problem with it. It may never make it out of soundcheck/rehearsing. It would not be the first time that happened by any means.

I cannot believe they are not working on The Showman. Fits the Macphisto section and it was pretty good in rehearsals.
  6. Originally posted by MoFoNYR15:[..]
    Holy crap. Play the songs. Really? You’d think these songs were 8 min opus’s with odd time signatures and tempo changes. Just play one of them at least. These aren’t difficult songs. Man I hope these guys loosen up one day.
    Thats what happens when you combine perfectionists with artists. They have always worked this way.
  7. What time they on
  8. Originally posted by acrobaat:[..]
    I'm not sure, but I don't think they will change the setlist. Bono is not being able to sing Landlady, Stay, TUF. Because of alcohol abuse on his holiday.
    What?
  9. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I trust this information but I’m just curious why Milan of all places? Nothing against Milan obviously but it just seems a bit random, 4 shows there but there was 4 shows in Paris as well and very little changed.

Italian crowds are among the best in the world. Maybe they want to give them something special. Then again, maybe they'll play RFD/ABOY/RFD/ABOY for the millionth time.
  10. What? He is drinking a lot of Rose on his holidays, he said on leg 1. And maybe Bono has Laryngitis.