1. I think it's stupid to not play the Joshua Tree for the sake of it - "we're bored cos we've played streets every night for the last year" - cmon lads you've played them every night for the last 30 years!!
  2. Originally posted by WideAwakeBadBoy:I think it's stupid to not play the Joshua Tree for the sake of it - "we're bored cos we've played streets every night for the last year" - cmon lads you've played them every night for the last 30 years!!
    Agreed. The 2017 setlist was basically identical night to night. So if they are tired of playing TJT every night why not SBS, Pride, BD, and Elevation too?
  3. Originally posted by ASortOfDesire:[..]
    Agreed. The 2017 setlist was basically identical night to night. So if they are tired of playing TJT every night why not SBS, Pride, BD, and Elevation too?
    Don't forget about Vertigo-away.
  4. WOWY hasn't been played properly since ZooTV IMHO. Not a fan of the spoken/mumbled lyric version that it has become. As far as these three, I think the only one that may be brought out before tour's end is Bad, and that's the one I'd hope for as well.

5. Originally posted by RUMMY:I didn't attend any e+i shows nor have I listened to any of the bootlegs but "13" seems like a horrible choice for a show closer. Replace it with Bad or WOWY (and start the encore with Streets) and then we're talkin'.
    Especially as Bono is singing the last verse from the car as he leaves the building !!!
  6. Really? Has he been doing this at every show?
  7. bad
    no joshua tree songs and it should stick that way.
  8. 13 actually works as a show closer IMO.

Regarding the lack of JT songs and Bad, the bigger problem with the current show is that it retreads too much of the same ground that the Innocence show paved. I would've been fine not hearing those songs had the show been more fresh.

That being said, I think it's ridiculous to not play Streets or WOWY but still play Vertigo and Elevation. What a joke. At least play something a little more interesting if you're going to leave those songs out. Need a late-show ballad but don't want to play WOWY? Pull out Velvet Dress. Vertigo? Pull out Last Night on Earth, or Two Hearts again. U2 have too many good songs that their casual fan-audience might not even be aware of, but would still rock the house. The Blackout goes harder than Vertigo and Elevation do and it has nowhere NEAR the hit-power those songs do. U2 need to have more faith in their catalogue.
  9. The band have also said that they were playing nothing pre Achtung Baby which if it were true would help to make sense of them wanting to play newer material in favour of older stuff but they have been playing a handful of pre achtung baby songs. The newer stuff they’ve been playing as mentioned above is the stuff they always play, so the no JT songs logic from the band falls completely flat on its face, whether it’s to freshen up the Setlist or favour newer material . The Setlist itself I’m generally happy with but not the logic behind not playing some great songs. I’ve got a feeling I’ll be happier still with the European setlists though but we’ll see.