2018-11-05 - Dublin
Tour: Experience and Innocence tour
Songs played: 24
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Honestly, how do i do to listen to this? Been using pc/android for 20 yrs, now since couple of months on Apple all over. Phone, computer Home and work etc.
    Also on Sonos. Never downloaded a show, would appreciate this, but desperately Needs a Lovetown show. My cassete from Dublin new years eve broke Down the Other day.... spelling program in Mac........
  2. The synth sound on Wild Horses I think is Edge playing guitar and that is going through his legendary Shimmer sound, which is a reverb effect (imagine the echo in a cathedral) where the echo is tuned one or two octaves higher than the notes he's playing. There's a short slight delay after he's hit the strings on his guitar until you hear it. He started using it in the 80's when Bono referred to it has The Edge Orchestra on songs like T.U.F. I use the Eventide H9 pedal. It's lush.
  3. Originally posted by u2chamonix:Honestly, how do i do to listen to this? Been using pc/android for 20 yrs, now since couple of months on Apple all over. Phone, computer Home and work etc.
    Also on Sonos. Never downloaded a show, would appreciate this, but desperately Needs a Lovetown show. My cassete from Dublin new years eve broke Down the Other day.... spelling program in Mac........
    If it downloads as a rar file you'll need software that opens rar files such as the unarchiver
  4. Originally posted by jheath:The synth sound on Wild Horses I think is Edge playing guitar and that is going through his legendary Shimmer sound, which is a reverb effect (imagine the echo in a cathedral) where the echo is tuned one or two octaves higher than the notes he's playing. There's a short slight delay after he's hit the strings on his guitar until you hear it. He started using it in the 80's when Bono referred to it has The Edge Orchestra on songs like T.U.F. I use the Eventide H9 pedal. It's lush.
    I feel you're likely correct. It sounds cue'd by the guitar playing too, Edge just likes a lot of the shimmer in his mix.
  5. Good lord this audio is excellent. Thank you sir!
  6. Originally posted by hoserama:[..]
    I feel you're likely correct. It sounds cue'd by the guitar playing too, Edge just likes a lot of the shimmer in his mix.
    Even Better's whammy seems to be triggered also. It sounds rubbish though, compared to 2011.
  7. I thought Dallas was controlling it like he did during GOYB on the 360 tour?
  8. Edge was at his pedals this year and didn't bother being anywhere near a whammy.
  9. I realize that most here like SOE and the E&I tour
    My opinion is opposite. I hoped that a good recording of an E&I concert would change my opinion about SOE and the E&I tour. And U2 in Dublin is usually a special event. Unfortunately that is not the case for me now. The best songs from SOE were not played during the tour, (TLTTGYAW, Red flag day, Book of your heart). Disappointing. It seems that more than half of the concert is on tape. I know that U2 has been using recorded backing tracks since the 1980s, but it is now bothering me. Where is the rock band U2? This concert is saved by AB songs, but if I want to hear AB songs live, I will listen to a ZOO TV tour concert. And unfortunately the live version of Acrobat does not make it to the studio version.
    On SOE I miss the U2 characteristic passion, genuine anger and despair, perhaps due to Bono's health problems? I also miss this during the E&I tour. I find most songs meaningless and they don't hit me. And unfortunately that doesn't change a concert either. While listening to this recording I have trouble keeping my attention and not falling asleep
    This has not happened to me during the past 35 years when listening to a U2 concert. The encore is simply sleep-inducing
    I miss the magical moments of Streets and Bad. I have seen U2 in 2018 Amsterdam. Normally I go to a concert 2 or 3 times during a U2 tour, but after listening to SOE and after Amsterdam I didn't feel the need to visit more concerts. Fortunately not all hope is lost, I do like the JT 2019 shows.

Nevertheless compliments to Hoserama and the tapers for this recording.
  10. Originally posted by ferrari:I realize that most here like SOE and the E&I tour
    My opinion is opposite. I hoped that a good recording of an E&I concert would change my opinion about SOE and the E&I tour. And U2 in Dublin is usually a special event. Unfortunately that is not the case for me now. The best songs from SOE were not played during the tour, (TLTTGYAW, Red flag day, Book of your heart). Disappointing. It seems that more than half of the concert is on tape. I know that U2 has been using recorded backing tracks since the 1980s, but it is now bothering me. Where is the rock band U2? This concert is saved by AB songs, but if I want to hear AB songs live, I will listen to a ZOO TV tour concert. And unfortunately the live version of Acrobat does not make it to the studio version.
    On SOE I miss the U2 characteristic passion, genuine anger and despair, perhaps due to Bono's health problems? I also miss this during the E&I tour. I find most songs meaningless and they don't hit me. And unfortunately that doesn't change a concert either. While listening to this recording I have trouble keeping my attention and not falling asleep
    This has not happened to me during the past 35 years when listening to a U2 concert. The encore is simply sleep-inducing
    I miss the magical moments of Streets and Bad. I have seen U2 in 2018 Amsterdam. Normally I go to a concert 2 or 3 times during a U2 tour, but after listening to SOE and after Amsterdam I didn't feel the need to visit more concerts. Fortunately not all hope is lost, I do like the JT 2019 shows.

Nevertheless compliments to Hoserama and the tapers for this recording.
    But apart from that you love SOE and E&I.
  11. I know but apart from that you think they’re great.