1. it's the introductory keyboards of "where the streets have no name" has given me chills. that's where everything started for me!
  2. The Blackout.
  3. my parents always listened to U2 during my childhood, taking into consideration that I went deep into the band when they released the best of 1990-2000, the next new song that i remember to listen was Vertigo. great song
  4. I think it was Boomerang I
    That’s because I began my lovestory with U2 in 1984 ( not sure )...and in my first trip to London alone I bought the 12” of Pride ( which I already new because of TUF album ) .i played it noticing that that version of Pride was longer and that excited me a lot because btw was something new
    Then it started Boomerang with the double bass drum and I thought that’s cool,it sounded really good to me.and that is a thing I always appreciated in U2,putting new songs on every single,and that’s when I started collecting
    That’s my memory of my feelings with a new U2 song
  5. I got into U2 after NLOTH, so the newest song after that was a whole album.. SOI. So if it is really a new standalone song, it would be invisible (or did that one came out before SOI?, bad at timelines.. ).. I came really late to the party of getting excited over new songs
  6. Must have been desire. But the album that got me into u2 fandom was beautiful day and after that the irving plaza bootleg. Wow wow wow
  7. Window in The Skies for me
  8. Originally posted by eladanelf:I got into U2 after NLOTH, so the newest song after that was a whole album.. SOI. So if it is really a new standalone song, it would be invisible (or did that one came out before SOI?, bad at timelines.. ).. I came really late to the party of getting excited over new songs
    Invisible came out a few months before SOI, yep. That was a great time to be a new fan, I remember 2013 and 2014 dearly with all the rumours and small appereances leading to the big explosion of the Apple Keynote on Sept 9th.
  9. Sunday Bloody Sunday was a big hit in The Netherlands in 1985, mainly because of the clip at Red Rocks.
    I did like some of their songs already, became a big fan due to the clip of Sunday Bloody Sunday. The first single for me was WOW in 1987. As far as I can remember, I thought it took a long time before the JT came out.
  10. The unforgettable fire, but it was actualy round 1989 that i've heard it at the radio. Didn't know it was from U2.
  11. The Ground Beneath Her Feet in early 2000
  12. Probably 'Numb' for me. I got really into U2 after my first concert (Nijmegen 1993), so yeah it must be that song. Very excited about the new sound back then and even more excited when Pop came out. The 90's were really it!