Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. I’m ok if they swap it for horses fly or zoo station
  2. As do I. MS was particularly bad, UV was only poor (compared to 360). Not that I saw any of them live.

Hope there are quite a lot of changes, compared to the 2017 shows. At a minimum, the songs after JT.

Yeah, all highlights from e+i. So would be nice if at least one of them makes the cut.

3. Miss Sarajevo was already dropped. Wasn’t played on the last 10 shows in 2017.
  4. Crazy times when people are calling for Ultraviolet to be dropped. It doesn’t feel that long ago that it was my grail song to hear live.
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:Crazy times when people are calling for Ultraviolet to be dropped. It doesn’t feel that long ago that it was my grail song to hear live.
    I do think it’s the way it was played that’s putting people off but in fairness it was sung more like the album version in 2017 than it was on 360 with the more spoken type singing for the first 2 verses. Edge didn’t seem to do much differently in 2017 than for 360. It did have a better build up as an encore opener for 360 though but I still thought it was great in 2017 and looking at the final Setlist of the tour out with TJT it’s probably one of the songs I’d most like to keep in the set alongside Bad which they left out last year.
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:Crazy times when people are calling for Ultraviolet to be dropped. It doesn’t feel that long ago that it was my grail song to hear live.
    people are callling for any song to be dropped once it's played more than 2 times.. and that does include rehearsals
  7. I wonder are the band dreading playing TJT again having always maintained that they never wanted to be a nostalgia act, Bono in particular always prefers to look forward rather than back having put out SOE the same year as the last JT tour it was a clear statement that they didn't want to be seen as living on past glories I wonder did Live Nation push them into it after Bono's illness which saw the E&I tour pushed back it's certainly not something the band would have been pushing for .Cynics might argue it's easy money touring one of their best album's however the band have made more money than they could ever spend in 10 lifetimes and have always preferred to tour on the back of a new album.
  8. Originally posted by popmarter:I wonder are the band dreading playing TJT again having always maintained that they never wanted to be a nostalgia act, Bono in particular always prefers to look forward rather than back having put out SOE the same year as the last JT tour it was a clear statement that they didn't want to be seen as living on past glories I wonder did Live Nation push them into it after Bono's illness which saw the E&I tour pushed back it's certainly not something the band would have been pushing for .Cynics might argue it's easy money touring one of their best album's however the band have made more money than they could ever spend in 10 lifetimes and have always preferred to tour on the back of a new album.
    I think the band will be fine with it. If it was going back over the US or Europe again then maybe not but I think this is just the easiest way to fit a tour into the parts of the world they’re going to and I think the band will happily accept that and enjoy playing TJT songs again after they missed a full tour. I also feel like the band will enjoy being in stadiums again, I think the band like to do things on a big scale when they can. Bigger audiences = happier band.
  9. I loved the MOTD into Beautiful Day transition. Imagine if they open a second encore with Zoo Station, starting with static on that 8k screen. Could be incredible.

Something like:

Mothers of the Disappeared
    Beautiful Day
    Elevation
    City of Blinding Lights

ENCORE
    Zoo Station
    Wild Horses
    One
    Love is Bigger

ENCORE 2
    Vertigo OR I Will Follow OR Out of Control
  10. Originally posted by podiumboy:
    Lots of U2’s peers have played Hong Kong, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand, so there’s those possibilities. Dubai as well, but that’s completely on the opposite side of Asia.

I don't see the band playing Dubai. That's too out of the way for them. Besides, does Dubai even have any stadiums? Plus, I'd imagine that Dubai inhabitants are too conservative-leaning to allow a Western act like U2 play their country.

Likewise, I have second thoughts that U2 would ever play Malaysia. The culture in Malaysia is too conservative for a political band like U2. Besides, two stadium shows in Singapore take care of the market in the Malay Peninsula.

I've heard the rumors of the crew being contracted only up to December 15. My post was somewhat referring to the band's next major tour of East Asia and Southeast Asia.

I apologize for derailing this thread, guys. Carry on.
  11. Originally posted by jfsolnet:I loved the MOTD into Beautiful Day transition. Imagine if they open a second encore with Zoo Station, starting with static on that 8k screen. Could be incredible.

Something like:

Mothers of the Disappeared
    Beautiful Day
    Elevation
    City of Blinding Lights

ENCORE
    Zoo Station
    Wild Horses
    One
    Love is Bigger

ENCORE 2
    Vertigo OR I Will Follow OR Out of Control