Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Ok so hearing a rumour this morning that U2 have only sold 8000 tickets for the second gig in Auckland. Hold onto your hats people, this is going to be ugly.
  2. I wouldn’t doubt it, looking at the seating chart. If that’s the case, why the fuck aren’t they lowering the prices significantly and advertising it as such?
  3. I have no idea..but if it stays like this they could get maybe..11000 at the current curve? Thats not going to look very fun in a 40000 capacity venue.
  4. Originally posted by podiumboy:I wouldn’t doubt it, looking at the seating chart. If that’s the case, why the fuck aren’t they lowering the prices significantly and advertising it as such?
    Will it make a significant difference? I know usually logic would say cheaper tickets and being well advertised would improve sales but what if there just isn’t enough demand? I think that’s the case and no amount of reductions or advertising will make a difference if people just don’t want to go. I also don’t buy into this idea that any of the shows will start shifting a significant amount of tickets nearer the show. Some yes but not a lot.
  5. They recently put a section on sale for $60 which was quite a good location in the stadium...they got snapped up within a week and now that section is listed as sold out so go figure I guess. Although it might ultimately not make that much difference.
  6. Playing to a not even half filled venue in just the second show of the tour could really throw the band off...

Has Sydney 2 sold out?
  7. Originally posted by tommybanny:They recently put a section on sale for $60 which was quite a good location in the stadium...they got snapped up within a week and now that section is listed as sold out so go figure I guess. Although it might ultimately not make that much difference.
    That surprises me but could potentially be some quite positive news if they were willing to come right down in price all over the stadium. If they got cheap enough there maybe would be people who really otherwise would have had absolutely zero interest thinking why not but the question is how low will they let the tickets price go?
  8. They say the biggest 2 days of selling for any event are the day they go on sale, and the day of the event. So they’ll sell more, but it’s definitely not gonna be pretty. It’s amazing how the first show sold out in the blink of an eye, and the 2nd show won’t even reach 50% capacity.

Remember that in 1993 U2 played 1 poorly attended shows in both Christchurch and Auckland, and Popmart didn’t even bother, as they already knew what would happen there. It’s kind of been a fickle market for U2.

On the bright side, they did sell out 1 show very quickly!
  9. Originally posted by podiumboy:They say the biggest 2 days of selling for any event are the day they go on sale, and the day of the event. So they’ll sell more, but it’s definitely not gonna be pretty. It’s amazing how the first show sold out in the blink of an eye, and the 2nd show won’t even reach 50% capacity.

Remember that in 1993 U2 played 1 poorly attended shows in both Christchurch and Auckland, and Popmart didn’t even bother, as they already knew what would happen there. It’s kind of been a fickle market for U2.

On the bright side, they did sell out 1 show very quickly!
    Yeah which is why its weird demand has dropped off so quickly I suppose. Its a very small market..so to even get two shows is huge! But sadly looks like there will be a few sections closed in the second one. I predict the whole upper decks closed around the ground.
  10. -- can't ask --
  11. Not allowed as per U2.com rules, handover of codes can result in cancellation of all tickets.
  12. ahhh ok
    I can still get another U2.com subscription right? (with my existing account)