Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Too true, that was very disappointing.

Originally posted by LikeASong:There's also the fact that the 2017 flash occured early in the show, while there was still some (or much) daylight in the stadiums. So it was much less dramatic than, for example, 360 where it was properly dark by the time Streets came up.
    Come to Australia, where you can actually watch the whole show after the sun has set
  2. Originally posted by ddarroch:[..]
    Too true, that was very disappointing.

[..]
    Come to Australia, where you can actually watch the whole show after the sun has set
    Believe me - I've checked flights more times than I'm willing to admit
  3. I still think U2 should've just accepted that yes, the JT anniversary tour came at a good time politically, as if it could've come out in 2017 and all that - but also that it was a nostalgia show. If not for them, than definitely for the fans.

And that acceptance should've resulted in a ton of old footage being splattered across that screen for the sake of an emotional response from the crowd, which I totally would've responded to with in DROVES. The new footage that Anton shot didn't really do anything for me, some of it was even weird (looking at you, Trip Through Your Wires weirdness). I would've preferred seeing some of that desert photo-shoot footage in parts. They still could've done that in addition to the new stuff, too.

I wanted another ZooTV moment "Hey you! I remember you!"
  4. The Corbijn footage was just a distraction for the 90% of the audience, who'd get bored from Running to Mothers.
  5. Haha, fair point.

I still think Exit was the highlight of the entire setlist, and should've been carried over to the Experience shows.

Goosebumps.
  6. Haha, fair point.

I still think Exit was the highlight of the entire setlist, and should've been carried over to the Experience shows.

Goosebumps.

7. Yes 2015, it was very audible.
  8. I can't disagree on that. Even casuals were absolutely mindblown by it.
  9. Yep. My brother who came to the show with me is definitely familiar with a lot of U2's music -

(by virtue of me blasting it all through high school - he once came home to me watching the audience-shot video bootleg of the Unforgettable Fire Toronto show and was like "dude how the fuck can you even watch this" lmao)

-was totally blown away by Exit. Like most people his initial comment was "man they really stacked Joshua Tree to have all the good songs at the beginning, eh?" but later said "but Exit tho.."
  10. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[..]
    Yep. My brother who came to the show with me is definitely familiar with a lot of U2's music -

(by virtue of me blasting it all through high school - he once came home to me watching the audience-shot video bootleg of the Unforgettable Fire Toronto show and was like "dude how the fuck can you even watch this" lmao)

-was totally blown away by Exit. Like most people his initial comment was "man they really stacked Joshua Tree to have all the good songs at the beginning, eh?" but later said "but Exit tho.."
    Tell your bro to go listen to One Fucking Tree Hill and wash his mouth!!!!!!
  11. Looking forward to this a lot now, after listening to recordings from 2017. Roll on November!!