Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Originally posted by u2_michaelc:Abit of a joke really ... no press here covering it , no one cares . They Ignored these markets for years . Surprise Asia cares . 40 years to get to India ? Really .. they have been giving away tickets to Melbourne and other Aussie shows for a couple of months
    Giving away as in doing quizzes, radio contests etc? Yeah that happens whenever shows don't sell very well...
  2. I’m a little bit surprised that, with only 16 days to go, we still have no news or rumors about rehearsals. Even U2Songs, usually very well informed, is silent. And members of the band are traveling around to do other things too: The Edge in Bologna, Larry in Barcellona. I don’t know what’s happening.
  3. Originally posted by Streetfighter:I’m a little bit surprised that, with only 16 days to go, we still have no news or rumors about rehearsals. Even U2Songs, usually very well informed, is silent. And members of the band are traveling around to do other things too: The Edge in Bologna, Larry in Barcellona. I don’t know what’s happening.
    U2songs have said that the band are rehearsing in a private rehearsal space near their homes in the south of France. It is easy for them to travel across Europe from there.
  4. Yeah just silly quizzes , when U2 is played twice in a hour first callers get tickets ect. Disappointed that my favourite band have sort of gave America all their time really . Very happy to be seeing them again but I can’t help but feel they don’t really seem interested in this continued Joshua tree tour
  5. Originally posted by Streetfighter:I’m a little bit surprised that, with only 16 days to go, we still have no news or rumors about rehearsals. Even U2Songs, usually very well informed, is silent. And members of the band are traveling around to do other things too: The Edge in Bologna, Larry in Barcellona. I don’t know what’s happening.
    We'll get news when they move into the stadium in Auckland.
  6. It would be great if we had a NZ correspondent.
  7. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    U2songs have said that the band are rehearsing in a private rehearsal space near their homes in the south of France. It is easy for them to travel across Europe from there.
    In their 43 year history, I wonder what the longest stretch they've gone without 1) seeing each other, and 2) playing together. Like, a tour ends and obviously I'm sure there's a break. But is it 2 weeks before Larry & Bono share a drink, or 6 months until Adam & Edge are sitting on their amps facing each other and strumming something out? Does a year go by before the 4 of them are even in a room together again?

8. Lots of people will be out there in the week before the show. We'll have plenty of reports for rehearsals. Anyway, 11 songs are guaranteed.
  9. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]

Lots of people will be out there in the week before the show. We'll have plenty of reports for rehearsals. Anyway, 11 songs are guaranteed.
    Never say never...
  10. Originally posted by Welsh_Edge:[..]
    Well, Edge spent two days in Bologna, just for the sake of eating good food, and was spotted in three different restaurants. Even if it's "easy" to travel from the south of France to the test of Europe, that would be definitely an unusual behaviour for a professional of his level if he were actually rehearsing for the forthcoming tour. And the "secret location" sounds a lot like a 007 movie.
  11. Originally posted by mattfromcanada:[..]
    In their 43 year history, I wonder what the longest stretch they've gone without 1) seeing each other, and 2) playing together. Like, a tour ends and obviously I'm sure there's a break. But is it 2 weeks before Larry & Bono share a drink, or 6 months until Adam & Edge are sitting on their amps facing each other and strumming something out? Does a year go by before the 4 of them are even in a room together again?
    This is a good question I'd be interested in hearing more about.
  12. Originally posted by J_Swallo:[..]
    Well, Edge spent two days in Bologna, just for the sake of eating good food, and was spotted in three different restaurants. Even if it's "easy" to travel from the south of France to the test of Europe, that would be definitely an unusual behaviour for a professional of his level if he were actually rehearsing for the forthcoming tour. And the "secret location" sounds a lot like a 007 movie.
    On the contrary, if money was absolutely no object and you only had to sit down and pass time in order to arrive somewhere....

Why wouldn't you take a quick break from rehearsals for a tour (that you've already done 3 legs of) to go have some great food in Italy?