Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Good grief was it good. I remember shouting ‘and THAT is how you close a show ‘
  2. Doesn't make any sense to run through the first 15 odd songs in a chronological order but throw I will follow in second like an afterthought
  3. SBS is the definitive opener for this tour. Artists couldn't care less about chronology.
  4. You could argue it didn’t make any sense chucking in I will follow as a closer in 2017 either since it was all post JT in the encore section except when Bad appeared a couple of times in that section as well which you could also argue didn’t make sense. I prefer just to enjoy it because it’s a great live song and brings even more energy to the opening of the show it seems.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:You could argue it didn’t make any sense chucking in I will follow as a closer in 2017 either since it was all post JT in the encore section except when Bad appeared a couple of times in that section as well which you could also argue didn’t make sense. I prefer just to enjoy it because it’s a great live song and brings even more energy to the opening of the show it seems.
    Right - the encore never went in strict chronological order other than post JT stuff, so I don’t have any problem with them playing IWF second, as that’s all pre-JT still.

Or put it as the closer again. It was awesome at Chicago 1 in 2017, too. In fact, that’s the only show I’ve seen them at where they’ve closed with a rocker.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:You could argue it didn’t make any sense chucking in I will follow as a closer in 2017 either since it was all post JT in the encore section except when Bad appeared a couple of times in that section as well which you could also argue didn’t make sense. I prefer just to enjoy it because it’s a great live song and brings even more energy to the opening of the show it seems.
    It's one of my least favourite tracks. It always seems to get people going. It's all over the place. They can do what they want. It's their band.
  7. What about Edge opening the show with Popmart SBS?
  8. Opening with the joint worst version they’ve ever done of a song (joint with i&e/ part of e&i version) wouldn’t be too clever.
  9. 11 o'clock tick tock
    would be a great one to hear again

10. I love Adam's reaction to Edge's new guitar improv at 6:10 in this clip!