Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Legs (1): New Zealand, Australia and Asia
Shows: 15
  1. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Someone also suggested stuck in a moment being played which does sound very realistic, even if they didn’t want to make it a regular they could easily fit it into the Setlist, acoustic version I’d imagine, would love to hear the full band version again, it’s been an awful long time.
    Again, I wouldnt rule anything out, but I could definitely see Stuck In A Moment as more of a snippet...
  2. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Unless Australian friends don't feel the same way about as the rest of the world, that is.

I dunno... thats my take. And what makes sense in our world can sometimes be an alternate reality in U2 world!
    I feel the same way. I think I ended up with the second most tweets in the world for that #U2Request Twitter thing My top picks were Acrobat & ASOH. We got them, in both the US & Europe, so it would be a pity if these songs don't make it to Australia.

I do tend to agree with you though (maybe I'm an optimist). The extended encore was pretty poor on JT2017. They've had a year break, & can certainly work on it. By the time tours get to Australia the setlists have usually morphed & evolved quite a lot. Although I think the majority of the main set will be similar, I could envisage big changes in the latter half of the show. Highlighting their most recent albums & the arena tours. Acrobat was a highlight of the last tour (& is so highly requested), so I'm hoping the band stick with it.
  3. I’m not someone who’s overly fussed about snippets but I was having a think about where stuck could work as a snippet. I looked on u2gigs and noticed it had been snippeted just once, it was before stay back on 360, don't think I’ve listened to that show. Anyway I was thinking maybe it could be used in Bad during the usual bit they do snippets in that song, just an idea that could make your suggestion work but perhaps you’ve got something else in mind.
  4. My dream ... they open the show with hawkmoon 269
  5. I think they’d have to play songs from rattle and hum as it’s the 30th anniversary of that album. U2 managed to play 2 songs on recent tours that they never played in full over the years: acrobat and red hill mining town. They’ve never played a full version of Heartland either (one of my top 3 u2 songs) and seeing that it’s RAH’s anniversary, I’m hoping they will finish the trio of unplayed live songs from yesteryear with a rendition of Heartland. It might not work live, but they need to give it a go.
    My only concern is whether Bono still has the vocal range to sing it.
    An encore of RAH songs would be brilliant.
  6. any song will be played except one of the achtung baby or zooropa
  7. maybe Dirty Day
  8. Encore:
    Beautiful Day
    Stuck In A Moment
    Vertigo
    One
    The Little Things That Give You Away
    Love Is Bigger Than Anything in its way
  9. It would be amazing if they played Stuck in a moment full - band, but, then again, this was an outstanding acoustic performance from B & E.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I’m not someone who’s overly fussed about snippets but I was having a think about where stuck could work as a snippet. I looked on u2gigs and noticed it had been snippeted just once, it was before stay back on 360, don't think I’ve listened to that show. Anyway I was thinking maybe it could be used in Bad during the usual bit they do snippets in that song, just an idea that could make your suggestion work but perhaps you’ve got something else in mind.
    I can imagine the outro “And if the night runs over” being sung over the end of One. That would fit rather nicely, I think.
  11. I really hope Little Things makes a return...
  12. It is wishfull thinking, but I hope U2 does a Springsteen like show. JT in the middle and about 15/20 songs mixed up every night.