1. Originally posted by dylbagz:This is a new low for obsession . I'll start a thread next week asking if people think Bono and Ali are swingers too
    Dude I'm just curious as I'm a christian myself.
  2. That should have nothing to do with whether or not you listen to U2. But yeah, Bono’s catholic.
  3. Actually, due to an arrangement that his parents made before he was born, he was raised Church of Ireland. (Mrs. Hewson was Protestant; Mr. Hewson was Catholic. They agreed to alternate in which Church their children were raised.)

He has said that he feels at home in both Protestant and Catholic churches. Obviously, none of the band members’ spiritual/religious beliefs would be fully defined by any sect today. I can reasonably confidently say that none of them were/are/ever will be Satanists.
  4. Ehm, is this a serious discussion..and a serious question?
  5. Originally posted by UnderARedSky:[…] But then theres the topic of him becoming Mac Phisto again during the E+I tour and called the Italian leader the devil, but this could be just for the fans and he truly isn't a satanist. What are your thoughts on this?
    MacPhisto is a fictive character. As such he can say things on stage that Bono can't. In fact, Bono is sort of a character too for Mr. Paul Hewson.

But apart from that, there are also people claiming that the Earth is flat (e.g., Flat Earth Societies). And it isn't even about if they are right or wrong, it is about creating a disruptive discourse (= debat, conversation).

It is the same with ascribing Satanism to famous people. It's not an argument/discussion on a factual level. It is meant to upset people.

I don't think it is very useful to discuss here whether Bono is a Christian or Satanist. It's a bit of a non-sense discussion. But that's my opinion.
  6. I don't give a Sh... 😉
  7. Originally posted by dylbagz:This is a new low for obsession . I'll start a thread next week asking if people think Bono and Ali are swingers too
    They are obviously an open relationship
    What do you think they do while he is touring, duh...
  8. I don't think anyone cares what they do while he's on tour, and I don't think that's anybody's business but theirs either and I don't even want to know.
  9. Alright, seems the question is answered so we can move on to more serious matters