1. I knew I was going to read Rotterdam 5/11 when I saw your name in this thread
  2. 1992/05/09 Gent
    1992/05/22 Milan
    1992/06/13 Kiel
    1992/06/15 Rotterdam
    1992/06/11 Stockholm

There are tons of other shows on the other legs of the tour, but these from this run are special. Especially Kiel.
  3. Unless you went to every gig on the tour it's a pointless exercise.
  4. Oh how I must dig it out. Bring back hangover shows!
  5. I'll stick to the more underrated ones that haven't been mentioned yet (naturally I'd put Dublin II, Stockholm 1992, Washington etc. in there).

East Rutherford 1992/03/18 - If you can get passed the sound quality, this is one of the most powerful shows on the 1st leg, and the performance combines the looseness of Lovetown with the tightness and power of ZooTV's later concerts, especially concerning Edge's guitar playing. Some of the best versions of Wild Horses and With or Without You you'll ever hear.

Tacoma 1992/04/21 - Similar to East Rutherford in feel and energy, but with a much better sounding bootleg and featuring the best version of One ever played.

Birmingham 1992/06/01 - A hidden gem from the 2nd leg, featuring my personal favorite version of Love is Blindness and the one I always get back to (although Lausanne 1992 is another one worth mentioning). Terrific performance all around.

Tempe 1992/10/24 - Thanks to certain U2start bootleg fanatics, this was a big surprise for me to discover. Highlights abound, but in particular, Running to Stand Still is at its best here, with both Bono and Edge going wild and adding new parts at the end of the song.

Wembley 1993/08/12 - Oddly enough, the 2nd show hasn't been mentioned so far, so I'll put it here, because the haunting Sarajevo link-up followed by some of the strongest and most unique versions of Bad and Bullet presents one of those moments when ZooTV truly reached unfathomable heights.
  6. 1992/03/01, Miami
    1992/03/18, East Rutherford
    1992/06/04, Dortmund
    1992/10/24, Tempe
    1993/07/29, Oslo
  7. No, it is far from pointless. If you are old enough, for example, you can chose 5 from the ones you've attended back then. So from the many ZOO-gigs, I luckily attended, my Top 5 are (in a chronological, but no particular chart running order):

1992-05-25 - München Olympiahalle (Still could get angry, that they skipped the Stand By Me-part - but hey, what an atmosphere, what an enthusiasm, what a sound coming out of the speakers. Great song versions. What a band, what a singer, what a voice. An awesome night and my very first U2 Live Concert!)

1993-06-04 - München Olympiastadion (Oh, Germany, oh Europe, where were we starting to head for? In the cruel re-awake of racism and open aggressivity ZOO TV was THE concept. Another incredible night full of emotions (listen to One) with Bono and his alter ego McPhisto being clear, loud and important. Far from political correct. You may ask, but yes, that was relevant, Mr. Hewson. The best what was inside the band, was brought on stage. Night after night with every copy of ZOO TV.)

1993-07-18 - Bologna Stadio Comunale II (what an extraordinary Italian leg with fantastic shows in Roma, Napoli (what a crowd, will never forget) and then in Bologna. Excellent song versions and a unique When Love Comes To Town with Bono joking around a LoveTown-Speech introducing the tune - and then Edge later playing BB's blue notes on guitar. Wow!

1993-08-08 - Glasgow Celtic Park II (Another excellent night during a glorious British leg (listen to bad and Bulllet fron London II) with a very special, unique B-Stage-Part around Edge Birthday Boy)

1993-08-28 - Dublin RDS II (Musically, apart from a flubbed guitar note in One, for sure one of the best U2 gigs, I've witnessed so far. Well, listen to The Fly, Stay or Help/Ultra Violet - for me these songs had their peak then. That very special night, that was a kind of wave goodbye of us hardcore tour followers to this best rock tour of all times. Feeling another chapter of the band, maybe their most creative, was coming to an end (at least for us in Europe). I won't forget.
  8. Originally posted by ZOOTVTOURist:[..]
    No, it is far from pointless. If you are old enough, for example, you can chose 5 from the ones you've attended back then. So from the many ZOO-gigs, I luckily attended, my Top 5 are (in a chronological, but no particular chart running order):

1992-05-25 - München Olympiahalle (Still could get angry, that they skipped the Stand By Me-part - but hey, what an atmosphere, what an enthusiasm, what a sound coming out of the speakers. Great song versions. What a band, what a singer, what a voice. An awesome night and my very first U2 Live Concert!)

1993-06-04 - München Olympiastadion (Oh, Germany, oh Europe, where were we starting to head for? In the cruel re-awake of racism and open aggressivity ZOO TV was THE concept. Another incredible night full of emotions (listen to One) with Bono and his alter ego McPhisto being clear, loud and important. Far from political correct. You may ask, but yes, that was relevant, Mr. Hewson. The best what was inside the band, was brought on stage. Night after night with every copy of ZOO TV.)

1993-07-18 - Bologna Stadio Comunale II (what an extraordinary Italian leg with fantastic shows in Roma, Napoli (what a crowd, will never forget) and then in Bologna. Excellent song versions and a unique When Love Comes To Town with Bono joking around a LoveTown-Speech introducing the tune - and then Edge later playing BB's blue notes on guitar. Wow!

1993-08-08 - Glasgow Celtic Park II (Another excellent night during a glorious British leg (listen to bad and Bulllet fron London II) with a very special, unique B-Stage-Part around Edge Birthday Boy)

1993-08-28 - Dublin RDS II (Musically, apart from a flubbed guitar note in One, for sure one of the best U2 gigs, I've witnessed so far. Well, listen to The Fly, Stay or Help/Ultra Violet - for me these songs had their peak then. That very special night, that was a kind of wave goodbye of us hardcore tour followers to this best rock tour of all times. Feeling another chapter of the band, maybe their most creative, was coming to an end (at least for us in Europe). I won't forget.
    95% would have attended no more than 2 especially in the 90s when most u2 fans were in school/ college or some low paid job where flights and travel were too expensive to attend multiple shows unless you came from a wealthy background so again a pointless exercise naming a top 5
  9. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    95% would have attended no more than 2 especially in the 90s when most u2 fans were in school/ college or some low paid job where flights and travel were too expensive to attend multiple shows unless you came from a wealthy background so again a pointless exercise naming a top 5
    It doesn’t need to be a top 5 based on attending a show, a lot of us didn’t attend any because we weren’t born or too young so are going by the bootlegs, nobody can physically go back to when the shows happened so bootlegs are a pretty good way of deciding favourite shows. If people went to 2 shows for example they might want to mention they 2 shows plus 3 of there favourite recordings from the tour.
  10. I love the Sydney and Dublin shows from 93