2019-12-11 - Manila
Tour: Joshua Tree Tour 2019
Songs played: 26
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Honestly.... will this show sell out?
  2. I Hope So. Guns & Roses reportedly sold around 45,000 Tickets last year in Phil. Arena.
  3. It seems like a few of the reports on attendance about there show is greatly exaggerated. They only managed a bit over 24k from a possible 30k that went up for sale. Katy Perry is the benchmark at the moment with 34k.
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It seems like a few of the reports on attendance about there show is greatly exaggerated. They only managed a bit over 24k from a possible 30k that went up for sale. Katy Perry is the benchmark at the moment with 34k.
    I just read it from a Concert review. I think this concert will surpass the 34k attendance.
  5. I think they would still be happy with 20 - 25k
  6. After Auckland 2, they’ll be used to playing to a half full venue with 20,000 people!!
  7. The dark ghosts of Outside Broadcast and Popmart are coming baaaaack
  8. Not a chance .
    The tickets are 90-360 euro ,thats insane money for a poor country like the Philippines.

The European dates were 45-220 euro and they were wealthy cities cherrypicked for maximum revenue.

Livenation have lost the run of themselves ,you'd think that they would have learnt from the atrocious sales for the last US tour and been a bit less greedy .
    Its one thing having platinum tickets and vip packages for slow ticketing to increase sales and then price the rest of the inventory at a reasonable rate.
    Its a completely different thing pricing most of the building at eye watering prices and then lumping platinum and vip tickets on top of that.
  9. Surely they will drop prices dramatically to fill seats or would LN rather they went unsold ?
  10. Lol - look at this - U2 may well be the same.

11. The only thing I’ll say in defence of Guns n Roses is it wasn’t them who made up the crazy figure of 45k. It wasn’t the poster on here who made it up either but there was a couple of reviews at least claiming they numbers but Wikipedia combined with that video above tells the true story. I think u2 might achieve somewhere between what Guns n Roses and Katy Perry managed, maybe 30k roughly.
  12. The problem is that the gig is on in only 3 months so its too short of a lead time .
    A gig like that needs 9 months to a year to sell properly .
    It will most likely be a race to the bottom with the prices as they have shot themselves in the foot badly.

I'd advise anyone thinking of going to hold off purchasing a ticket until the week of the gig .
    You could almost say that of every U2 gig in every location over the last few years with the odd exception.