1. I was really hoping to see some variation this time
  2. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Bono has been on a private island this last week. So they do not have that much time. This is also what you see in rehearsals, they go for known patterns/songs from the past, using a mix of 2017 and 2018 performances.

Example is that Bono asked Willie yesterday specifically to make sure that the Even Better mix is the 2018 mix and not something changed (he was messing up the song so blamed the mix). There's no room for changes it seems.

They seem underrehearsed, just as in 2017. They rehearsed more in 2018 and especially 2015 (which makes sense in a way given the long break before). Also, during yesterdays rehearsals, Bono referred a few times to things like "do what we agreed in Monaco", where private rehearsals were done.

Still they will wing it of course.

I don’t doubt your information particularly in relation to other years I wasn’t exactly sure. Although I think even though Bono has been on a private island the 3 weeks mentioned by u2songs was completed prior to Bono being on the private island. That’s neither here nor there though and I’m always happy to be more fully informed about things I know you don’t pass on any BS yourself and give only credible information. Also what you said about ‘what we agree in Monaco’ just goes to show that they did at least do some rehearsing there despite what others (perhaps just the 1 person) suggested. Thanks for the info and the updates Remy.
  3. Didn't see it in previous pages, but was Best Thing full-band or the Ali Love version??
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]

I don’t doubt your information particularly in relation to other years I wasn’t exactly sure. Although I think even though Bono has been on a private island the 3 weeks mentioned by u2songs was completed prior to Bono being on the private island. That’s neither here nor there though and I’m always happy to be more fully informed about things I know you don’t pass on any BS yourself and give only credible information. Also what you said about ‘what we agree in Monaco’ just goes to show that they did at least do some rehearsing there despite what others (perhaps just the 1 person) suggested. Thanks for the info and the updates Remy.
    Yeah there's no doubt they rehearsed privately for a few weeks in Monaco.

Although no one can really tell how intense that was.
  5. And thanks to all who are providing updates 👍
  6. Did he do the "I'm fucking Bono" speech before Even Better?
  7. The acoustic stuff in the middle of the encore is a buzzkill. Take out EBW and Best Thing. I love the songs but they don’t work- especially in stadiums. I think “get out of your own way” would work a lot better, has more of a singalong to me.

I have a feeling Miracle will open the show. They’ll change up the first few songs with Pride still leading to streets.
  8. Sarajevo?
  9. RHMT, one of the highlights for me even if the surprise element isn’t there.