1. Originally posted by cleazer:I would LOVE an AB tour in 2 years. No clue if it'll happen, but it's clearly possible.

To answer the original question, I say "what about 2027?" It's not impossibly far in the future anymore. We're closer to that than the start of the 360 tour. Would they dare to tour Joshua Tree 40? If they wanted to be clever, they could even play the song 40.

Really doubt it. They toured on the entire album, I don't see them doing it again. Seven years is a long time- look at pics of the band from 2012 compared to now. Lots of aging, some health issues, injuries, etc... I'd love to see them be in a position to continue touring, but who knows. I think they may focus on making music going forward versus making tours
  2. I think they should end it all now. Go out while they are still good. They’ve done enough.
  3. I hope they release a couple more albums
  4. Tours
  5. I could see them doing some acoustic sets, I wish they would.
  6. The problem is all bands that are over 10 years old are touring their Classic album's it's a sign of the times their new stuff doesn't get played on the radio Record companies aren't investing in older bands and promoting their music they just want to release a Greatest hits. U2 are lucky they are so big that they can still shift records maybe not the way they used to but enough for the Record company to get behind a new album and promote it ,however do U2 need to go down the nostalgia route and commemorate every great album with a tour ?I don't think they do they toured off the last 2 albums successfully enough but as much as I don't like them doing nostalgia a Zoo TV tour in 2021 would be amazing especially with today's technology it would be a massive success .
  7. I don’t want another throwback tour. The only reason I’d go for an achtung your would be for acrobat- which they did last year + other heavy 90s material! Experience covered the 90s stuff already for me.

Does an album always have to have a tour? Bono’s been talking about wanting to make 2 albums (again,lol).
    I could imagine Songs Of Ascent being released without a tour. Doing a few small promo shows while continuing to work on the big “Rock” Album. Then put that one out a year after and a big arena/stadium world tour.

A U2 album always excites me. But I feel like this “Songs Of Ascent” will feature songs along the lines of Ahimsa. Very Atmospheric and along the lines of cedars of Lebanon, fez, one step closer. Not much of an album to be toured. The rock album will be the big songs for performing.
  8. U2 seem to be conceptually dry for a long time now. Maybe it's time to make the 'Man' album for Boy's 40th.

Actually the world needs to know about Men right now!
  9. As long as Ryan Tedder doesn't produce it or is involved I am for it!
    Get Steve Lillywhite to produce if Eno and Lanois are not available.
  10. Originally posted by LostSailor:As long as Ryan Tedder doesn't produce it or is involved I am for it!
    Get Steve Lillywhite to produce if Eno and Lanois are not available.
    -slightly off topic- but...

Past performance does not guarantee future success.

I wish they would get someone completely new and different to anyone they've worked with before.