1. What do you think about Wide Awake In America album ? I love this one ! Yeah, there are only 4 songs , but they fucking kick me up ! I love this version of Bad, for me it's the best version they every played !
  2. It;s one of their best EP's. Bad is awesome on this one. But I also do love A Sort Of Homecoming.
  3. Great album but there shoul've been more songs on it...
  4. Originally posted by BelgianBonoGreat album but there shoul've been more songs on it...

Therefore it's not an album, it's an EP
  5. Originally posted by Remy[..]

Therefore it's not an album, it's an EP

ah yes - but what an e.p. [a sort of homecoming live is unreal]
  6. Obviously Bad is the best track on it- radio stations regularly pick that version over the album one for airplay.

A Sort of Homecoming is superb. Technically its not lived- it was recorded at a soundcheck, with crowd noise mixed in later. But the reverb on it is remarkable.
  7. Originally posted by VasultWhat do you think about Wide Awake In America album ? I love this one ! Yeah, there are only 4 songs , but they fucking kick me up ! I love this version of Bad, for me it's the best version they every played !

that is a sick ass avatar!!!
  8. ya know what's funny? hilarious even?

i never noticed this until today, April 21, 2007.

Wide Awake In America has absolutely nothing to do with America. Nothing.

Bad was written about Dublin and was recorded in England. So was Sort of Homecoming.

Three Sunrises was recorded in Slane (I've seen video footage), and I'm guessing so was Love Comes Tumbling.
  9. yea its a great 1!!! ITS ALL ABOUT LOVE COMES TUMBLING!!!!!
  10. Recorded in America obviously, and Wide Awake = Bad.

Actually the whole EP is sick.
  11. Originally posted by u2met86Wide Awake In America has absolutely nothing to do with America. Nothing.
    Bad was written about Dublin and was recorded in England. So was Sort of Homecoming.
    Three Sunrises was recorded in Slane (I've seen video footage), and I'm guessing so was Love Comes Tumbling.
    I think that you don't understand the title of the EP "Wide Awake In America" at all, They obviously were not referring to American songs, recorded tehre or not. They referred to the rising they were having in America, with New Year's Day and War, the tour in 1983 and this kind of things. So I like the EP's title... And I love the EP!
  12. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]I think that you don't understand the title of the EP "Wide Awake In America" at all, They obviously were not referring to American songs, recorded tehre or not. They referred to the rising they were having in America, with New Year's Day and War, the tour in 1983 and this kind of things. So I like the EP's title... And I love the EP!

Yep yep, the rise and rise of the U2-empire in America