1. What is the criterion, the best filmed concert or the best concert?
  2. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Out of interest how many songs out with Sydney were available on the Achtung baby boxset on the dvd whether it was Yankee or a mixture or whatever? I only see 2 live songs from sellafield listed and UTEOTW just listed as ‘live’ without any location mentioned.

Just making sure I understand the question. The box set included the Sydney video as is from the earlier ZooTV DVD release just missing Trying to Throw... (due to the audience member being underaged). The Zoo TV special that aired in November 1992 (90 min version that aired on MTV here in the US) is included and the individual tracks you mentioned. The Zoo TV special is a mix of shows not just Yankee Stadium as the ending clip is from the Anaheim 11/14/92 show.

I do like the Zoo TV Sydney release although some shots were better on the original PPV special that I still have and the audio for that show has always been disappointing (although the DTS 5.1 on that disc is a huge improvement from the 2.0 on LaserDisc, VHS, and even the DVD itself).
  3. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Out of interest how many songs out with Sydney were available on the Achtung baby boxset on the dvd whether it was Yankee or a mixture or whatever? I only see 2 live songs from sellafield listed and UTEOTW just listed as ‘live’ without any location mentioned.

I don't know.. the only official releases I've bought in the past 5 years are SOI and SOE (as a combo after SOE release).
  4. Originally posted by dssmansv:[..]

Just making sure I understand the question. The box set included the Sydney video as is from the earlier ZooTV DVD release just missing Trying to Throw... (due to the audience member being underaged). The Zoo TV special that aired in November 1992 (90 min version that aired on MTV here in the US) is included and the individual tracks you mentioned. The Zoo TV special is a mix of shows not just Yankee Stadium as the ending clip is from the Anaheim 11/14/92 show.

I do like the Zoo TV Sydney release although some shots were better on the original PPV special that I still have and the audio for that show has always been disappointing (although the DTS 5.1 on that disc is a huge improvement from the 2.0 on LaserDisc, VHS, and even the DVD itself).
    Thanks for all the info. It was the zoo tv special I had overlooked. I’m assuming that features quite a few tracks then, is that the one where a lot of the tracks are interrupted with little talking bits etc in the middle of them?
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Thanks for all the info. It was the zoo tv special I had overlooked. I’m assuming that features quite a few tracks then, is that the one where a lot of the tracks are interrupted with little talking bits etc in the middle of them?
    Yes exactly as you remember it starting at the end of Zoo Station with the host interrupting the performance. It also has the William Burroughs portion later in the show.
  6. Originally posted by dssmansv:[..]

I still have the VHS of this special MTV that I recorded !
  7. ZOO TV Sydney
    Red Rocks
    Popmart in Mexico City
    Elevation Live in Boston
    Paris I and E
    Vertigo
  8. Originally posted by dssmansv:[..]

The Sydney DVD is exactly intact as it was released originally but presumably different than the original PPV. Many fans were dissapointed with it's release again.

The DVD with the ZooTV Special was interesting. U2songs did a great job of dissecting a million edits on this one.

Special – A Documentary (01:09:09): includes “Zoo TV Intro” (Live from New York, August 29, 1992), “George Bush Rap” (Live from New York, August 29, 1992), “Zoo Station” (Live from New York, August 29, 1992), The Fly (Live from New York, August 29, 1992), Even Better Than the Real Thing (Live from Houston, October 24, 1992), Mysterious Ways (Live from New York, August 29, 1992), Until the End of the World (Live from New York, August 29, 1992), Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around the World (Live from Houston, TX, October 24, 1992 and footage from a variety of other shows), Satellite of Love (Live from New York, August 29, 1992), Bullet the Blue Sky (Live from New York, August 29, 1992), Running to Stand Still (Live from Houston, October 24, 1992), Where the Streets Have No Name (Live from New York, August 29, 1992), Desire (Live from New York, August 29, 1992) – these tracks are intermixed with “Interference” and many are stopped and started throughout the special. [When Love Comes to Town (Live from New York, August 29, 1992) was in the original Television special but is not included here]
    MTV’s Most Wanted – Zoo TV Special (45:33): Includes live footage including “Even Better than the Real Thing (Live from Stockholm, 1992), Tryin’ to Throw Your Arms Around the World (Live from Stockholm, 1992), Dancing Queen (Live from Stockholm, 1992) as well as videos for The Fly, Angel of Harlem, Mysterious Ways, One (Corbijn Version), Sunday Bloody Sunday (Live at Red Rocks), and A Celebration.
    MTV Rockumentary (24:13): Includes the History Mix.
    U2 on Naked City, 1993 (11:46)
    U2 on TV Land, 1992 (15:12)
    Trabantland Documentary (07:54)
    Two wallpapers and a screensaver in the DVD-Rom portion
  9. Sydney is hard to beat despite its lack of definition. Slane and Red Rocks are close 2nd but definitely a step below. All the rest are pretty much standard as far as concert videos go, and are not much/any better than some other bands' video releases.