1. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    yeah, and you started talking about the Point Depot.. then someone came up with Glasgow 2015 and then Anselmo started talking about the incomplete recording of Berlin (missing October among others)
    Yeah, reading "this excellent record from Berlin" made me think he was mistaking Dortmund for Berlin as THIS thread is for Dortmund. Crazy thinking eh
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yeah, reading "this excellent record from Berlin" made me think he was mistaking Dortmund for Berlin as THIS thread is for Dortmund. Crazy thinking eh
    I think he was pointing to the incomplete rebroadcast that had (much) better quality than the original (complete) broadcast. It's indeed a bit confusing...
  3. Wasn't there a plan at one point to pool money together and contact ZDF to ask about buying the original video?
  4. Yeah we did and then Remy ran away with all of our cash
  5. In the late 80s I relative of mine worked at the ZDF; I asked him if he could get me the Dortmund show an maybe other things from their archive and he brought me a list of archived material regarding U2. Among some small clips which were not of much interest to me there were two versions of Dortmund listed, with different lenghts. Unfortunately he could only get me the broadcast version, not the "archive" version with all the songs. But I took this as a confirmation that the complete performance is stored or has been stored. I remember that I expected it to be about 90 minutes and even the archive version was not much more than an hour, but I did not know that the broadcast version only missed three songs...
  6. Instead of cutting three songs they should have cut Bono's hair.
  7. LOL so true

Originally posted by Papo:In the late 80s I relative of mine worked at the ZDF; I asked him if he could get me the Dortmund show an maybe other things from their archive and he brought me a list of archived material regarding U2. Among some small clips which were not of much interest to me there were two versions of Dortmund listed, with different lenghts. Unfortunately he could only get me the broadcast version, not the "archive" version with all the songs. But I took this as a confirmation that the complete performance is stored or has been stored. I remember that I expected it to be about 90 minutes and even the archive version was not much more than an hour, but I did not know that the broadcast version only missed three songs...
    Wow, that's unfortunate - but definitely confirms what I posted above. The complete recording exists (or existed some time ago - god knows now).

Now if someone could pay a visit to ZDF's headquarters in Mainz ...........
  8. And I remember the version the gave to me contained some sort of intro, graphics and words decribing what followed, recording date, director, cameramen etc...and a countdown. Nothing spectacular. I might still have that tape,but quality of the version on Youtube is much better, I think.
  9. It's annoying and stupid that two of the three songs they cut were from the album they were promoting lol.

I knew it!
  10. Originally posted by Papo:And I remember the version the gave to me contained some sort of intro, graphics and words decribing what followed, recording date, director, cameramen etc...and a countdown. Nothing spectacular. I might still have that tape,but quality of the version on Youtube is much better, I think.
    But it still doesn't include the missing songs right?

I would be very glad even with an incomplete version as long as it didn't include the stupid image deformation... WHO ON EARTH THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA FOR HENDRIX's SAKE?!?!