1. Originally posted by EridescoFly:[..]
    Yes, that jam they play that starts sounding like 'Seconds', soon picks up and you can hear the chord structure of an early Zooropa.
    Which time in the clip?
  2. The band has said that Love Is Blindness was originally started during the Rattle and Hum sessions; I guess it was meant to much more of a blues piece than the song we got.
  3. Originally posted by Faceman2000:The band has said that Love Is Blindness was originally started during the Rattle and Hum sessions; I guess it was meant to much more of a blues piece than the song we got.
    LIB is pretty much a futuristic, dark sounding blues anyway!
  4. Originally posted by Faceman2000:The band has said that Love Is Blindness was originally started during the Rattle and Hum sessions; I guess it was meant to much more of a blues piece than the song we got.
    The lyrical idea for LiB stems from that period at least, it was mentioned in a '89 interview as being a song written for Nina Simone.

Not sure when the music started, although the "baby" version is drastically different and half an octave lower.

My guess would be that out of the whole of AB, only "one" and "so cruel" were actually conceived from scratch in 90/91. The rest was already there in various stages, being created as early as '88.
  5. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    The lyrical idea for LiB stems from that period at least, it was mentioned in a '89 interview as being a song written for Nina Simone.

Not sure when the music started, although the "baby" version is drastically different and half an octave lower.

My guess would be that out of the whole of AB, only "one" and "so cruel" were actually conceived from scratch in 90/91. The rest was already there in various stages, being created as early as '88.
    Do you think Zoo Station was also there at all? To me, ZS, EBTTRT, One, So Cruel, MW and Acrobat were completely born from zero in the 90-91 sessions (and this is exactly based upon nothing ).
  6. Maybe 1989 for Zoo Station, I would not be surprised... To me, God Part II sound like AB and Until the End vibes...
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Do you think Zoo Station was also there at all? To me, ZS, EBTTRT, One, So Cruel, MW and Acrobat were completely born from zero in the 90-91 sessions (and this is exactly based upon nothing ).
    Hm, just thought about Zoo Station. I don't think that was there in that form, so you're right. Likely that was a spin-off from the track Salome.

For One, its birth in Oct '90 was documented in FTSD. So Cruel is documented as "suddenly" arriving during the Ireland sessions in Spring '91.

EBTTRT was recorded in '88 alongside "Desire". There's an instrumental version out there that sounds simpler than the "baby" version but quite finished still.

Acrobat was also supposedly born during a Lovetown soundcheck. Mysterious Ways (as the Sick Puppy instrumental) was already around in May '90.

I primarily meant songs that were conceived from scratch from Berlin sessions onwards btw..
  8. PS.

Found the EBTTRT demo btw. Fully ready, albeit different than the finished song and it's without lyrics:

9. Zoo Station definitely came from some early version of Salome (you can hear it in demos)