1. The UK are most likely going to be putting in measures similar to that of the Netherlands in the next hour. Currently we have the 7th highest amount of deaths in the world due to this virus here in the UK and sadly it continues to be on the rise. I can’t help but think we’re going to end up with one of the highest death rates and mainly because of the selfish actions of people.
  2. I hear different stories about how many days we're supposed to be "behind" Italy, thought it was 13. But recent insight is that these graphs are not to be compared because:

- Testing protocols are different everywhere

In Holland you only get tested when you work in healthcare, or when checking in for serious medical care. So our 4000+ "infections" are just this (10%?) group that gets seriously ill instead of having no/mild complaints. So we're likely to have 40k infections in reality. I might have had it already and haven't noticed..

- Cultural behaviour is different everywhere

Social lines to elderly people are different in every country. Some countries are very physical in social contact, others aren't. In some places people obey a law order, in others they don't

- No country has a clue, and all are improvising

If you combine the above two, no country knows if what they're doing is right, simply because they have no reliable data. Behind the scenes though, there's never been so much collaboration between various sciences to solve this puzzle in real time.

I can see this move in to a more province/city level as they start to understand the demographic spread and other factors. You can have shorter and more dedicated lock-downs shorter/more specifically in an attempt to localize the threat, instead of globalize it

But to learn that quicker you have to test more..

3. This is the UKs last attempt before we go into a proper lockdown
  4. The sad fact is we’re going to have a total lockdown. Anyone that can find any way around this will, I suspect the recent measures will still help though, they won’t be pointless the police will enforce things but there will still be a minority that will force us into a complete lockdown.
  5. Yours is stricter than us now. As 1 person or as a group that lives together, you're still allowed outside.

I live in a crowded (and normally touristic) Amsterdam neighbourhood and today was the first day in a week I felt safe to go outside eg. I can be more social now than I could last week. Because the #dontcare crowd is controlled now..
  6. melon51 I just want to say to you mate I know it seemed like the other day I was having a go and I apologise if it came across bad but unfortunately a lot of good people are silently having to battle against all the idiots that don’t care. There’s people here that care but there’s too many idiots that don’t. This crisis has shown and in a way proved everything I love and hate about people.
  7. It’ll definitely be extended to more than 3 weeks here. And I’m fine with it tbh.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:melon51 I just want to say to you mate I know it seemed like the other day I was having a go and I apologise if it came across bad but unfortunately a lot of good people are silently having to battle against all the idiots that don’t care. There’s people here that care but there’s too many idiots that don’t. This crisis has shown and in a way proved everything I love and hate about people.
    Thanks man. Where I live it felt like a relief today, "so now I can breathe" But understand if people live in suburbs or counrtyside you don't get to see other people anymore. For me the Iockdown in Amsterdam means it will be safer/easier to meet another person (keeping 2ms distance) for a walk or something.

I don't know your situation (were you in Scotland?) but there's a lot of people everywhere making the best out of it and being very creative..
  9. Originally posted by melon51:[..]
    Thanks man. Where I live it felt like a relief today, "so now I can breathe" But understand if people live in suburbs or counrtyside you don't get to see other people anymore. For me the Iockdown in Amsterdam means it will be safer/easier to meet another person (keeping 2ms distance) for a walk or something.

I don't know your situation (were you in Scotland?) but there's a lot of people everywhere making the best out of it and being very creative..
    It was a bit of a relief with the lock down for me but I know it won’t be followed and further measures will need to be taken. Yes I live in Scotland, only yesterday in a small town near where I live there was probably more people on the street queuing literally centimetres away from each other for fish and chips than there was in the streets of New York. I’m kinda losing faith in my country but I know there’s good people too.
  10. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It was a bit of a relief with the lock down for me but I know it won’t be followed and further measures will need to be taken. Yes I live in Scotland, only yesterday in a small town near where I live there was probably more people on the street queuing literally centimetres away from each other for fish and chips than there was in the streets of New York. I’m kinda losing faith in my country but I know there’s good people too.
    That was the same here. This weekend beaches and parks were flooded. Today I noticed the people very quickly become more aware whenever the government is very clear in communication. Think the same message was spread today in the UK and NL..
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:melon51 I just want to say to you mate I know it seemed like the other day I was having a go and I apologise if it came across bad but unfortunately a lot of good people are silently having to battle against all the idiots that don’t care. There’s people here that care but there’s too many idiots that don’t. This crisis has shown and in a way proved everything I love and hate about people.
    They are called Covidiots!