1. Hopefully next year anyway.

As for this year, give me my ticket refunds already!
  2. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    Here in NL the government already said that mass events/gatherings are out of the question until there is a vaccine. Which as anyone knows is an uncertainty and can take years.

So if you want to join the mass event... you have to show your vaccine cert to be let in..??

I don’t know what you all think about it (didn’t read do much in the forums these days) but this shit about this exaggerated actions make me angry.
    Does anyone know that in 2017/2018 25.000 people have died of a flu in Germany . the flu season is from Oct to May.
    Nothing like this has happened then. The number comes from the same institution who has released the number of the „Corona“ deads.
    Many people are already infected and just don’t know it. In a study in Heinsberg they found out that 22% have antibodiies already... so every 5th person has had an infection. This applies to every city or village where they had a high number of infections. This means the mortality rate is way lower than what they say, if they include the unreported cases.
    There are a few reasons why it hit some countries harder then others. First one is the health system, and also the average age of the population.

They fuck up the economy and everything for something which IS NOT worse than a flu
  3. Originally posted by Chrisssie:[..]

So if you want to join the mass event... you have to show your vaccine cert to be let in..??

I don’t know what you all think about it (didn’t read do much in the forums these days) but this shit about this exaggerated actions make me angry.
    Does anyone know that in 2017/2018 25.000 people have died of a flu in Germany . the flu season is from Oct to May.
    Nothing like this has happened then. The number comes from the same institution who has released the number of the „Corona“ deads.
    Many people are already infected and just don’t know it. In a study in Heinsberg they found out that 22% have antibodiies already... so every 5th person has had an infection. This applies to every city or village where they had a high number of infections. This means the mortality rate is way lower than what they say, if they include the unreported cases.
    There are a few reasons why it hit some countries harder then others. First one is the health system, and also the average age of the population.

They fuck up the economy and everything for something which IS NOT worse than a flu
    But doesnt that also mean that there may be a large number of deaths because of COVID-19 that attributed to other causes? Then theres the matter of people getting over the infection and having little to no antibodies at all. Right now,its still impossible to tell if this is worse or no different than the regular flu.
  4. Originally posted by Chrisssie:[..]

Funniest, well, saddest? Maybe scariest- post I've seen today. Not worse than the flu. You obviously don't work in healthcare in any capacity, do you?
  5. Walk into a Covid unit and then tell me it's no worse than a flu.
  6. Originally posted by Guenther:[..]
    But doesnt that also mean that there may be a large number of deaths because of COVID-19 that attributed to other causes? Then theres the matter of people getting over the infection and having little to no antibodies at all. Right now,its still impossible to tell if this is worse or no different than the regular flu.

I think there are also many people who may have died of a flu, but the virologists and politicians keep telling those have died of Covid19. We're still in the flu season (October to May).
    The thing is that the death rate is probably actually lower than they say, cause right now, everyone in this statistics is counted as "Covid19 death", even if he/she has died of something else, but was tested positive for Covid 19.
    They don't autopsy the people that have died.
    Hamburg city is doing it, and they found out that of the 14 people who have "died of Covid19" only like 7 only died actually of Covid19. The others actually died of something different but were just Covid19 positive.
    Isn't this absurd?
    Now they gonna autopsy the died people more than they did before.
    And many pathologists now say that like 99% of the people who have died, had serious pre-existing conditions, especially of the cardiovascular system, or also diabetes. So it's very similar to all other virus infections.
    They say "...but there are people with no pre-existing conditions dying as well, young people"...
    Well...also a small amount young and healthy peopl CAN die of a flu. That happens. Life is dangerous, and life ends with the death. There is no life insurance of being alive until you're 100..
  7. So what about now they found out that respiration of the Covid19 cases is totally wrong and the people die from respiration???!!
    Do you read anything what the scientists and doctors publish????

This is in German only, but you can put it in Deepl:

https://www.tagesschau.de/investigativ/monitor/beatmung-101.html

"The risks are high, the successes questionable. Nevertheless, intubation is still the standard procedure when Covid-19 has a particularly severe course. "The belief is that this is due to the serious illness of the patient and not just to the therapy," said pulmonologist Dr. Gerhard Laier-Groeneveld from the pulmonary clinic in Neustadt im Harz. "

So the people die because they're getting respiration, not because of Covid19.
  8. There have been few if any people dying of one cause and being labeled a COVID-19 death. Even if someone had other health complications, they might still be alive if they didn't also contract COVID-19.

Also, doctors can publish a lot of info about what they are seeing, but that doesnt mean that it is happening all over the world. There is a lot of partial information going around all over the world, but until we get some really thorough studies done, there isn't enough information to say for sure. I will play it safe with my life and that of my family.
  9. Originally posted by Guenther:There have been few if any people dying of one cause and being labeled a COVID-19 death. Even if someone had other health complications, they might still be alive if they didn't also contract COVID-19.

Also, doctors can publish a lot of info about what they are seeing, but that doesnt mean that it is happening all over the world. There is a lot of partial information going around all over the world, but until we get some really thorough studies done, there isn't enough information to say for sure. I will play it safe with my life and that of my family.
    No. The pathologist in Hamburg why did the autopsy said: these people would have died anyway, could have happened by a cold as well.
    And 7 of 14 is not „a few“.They had 14 at that time, and only 50% have died because of this virus.

German only..but interesting.
    https://www.google.de/amp/s/amp.focus.de/gesundheit/news/obduziert-corona-opfer-rechtsmediziner-covid-19-ist-eine-ernste-aber-keine-besonders-gefaehrliche-erkrankung_id_11907346.html

Why do people only accept one opinion/direction? There are many other renowned scientists and virologists who go a different direction. I wish that people would be more critical and would question more
  10. Originally posted by Chrisssie:[..]
    No. The pathologist in Hamburg why did the autopsy said: these people would have died anyway, could have happened by a cold as well.
    And 7 of 14 is not „a few“.They had 14 at that time, and only 50% have died because of this virus.

https://www.google.de/amp/s/amp.focus.de/gesundheit/news/obduziert-corona-opfer-rechtsmediziner-covid-19-ist-eine-ernste-aber-keine-besonders-gefaehrliche-erkrankung_id_11907346.html

Why do people only accept one opinion/direction? There are many other renowned scientists and virologists who go a different direction. I wish that people would be more critical and would question more
    The thing is that while covid-19 is not a really dangerous disease as far as diseases go (as there are far more dangerous diseases), covid-19 is highly contagious and there is zero resistance within any population. The mortality rate of covid-19 is estimated between 1 and 2%. That means that any population will have to deal with that rate while no-one is immune at the time of the first outbreak. In a city of 100,000 souls, you are talking about 1000-2000 people dying. And in a country with a 10,000,000 population, you are talking about 100,000 deaths, if not 200,000...
    Of course, with hospital treatment (e.g. ventilators) the mortality rate could be dropped significantly, but that would require a very well organized health system with huge amounts of IC beds (and qualified personnel!) and accessible to anyone within the population. And even then still a lot of people will die. But hardly any country has such capacity. Maybe only Germany, with 17,000 IC beds for 60 million people (but I'm not sure if Germany has that many qualified IC personnel over a period of at least 6 months...).

So, to name covid-19 "not a really dangerous disease" is merely semantics. It doesn't take away the fact that it will be a major problem for society, especially the dense populated societies. There are just too many people dying without some rigorous action like "social distancing" - which is really physical distancing (no problem to be "social" at some distance, right...?)

Stay safe - if not for yourself, then please so for others!
  11. Originally posted by Chrisssie:[..]

7 out of 14 seems pretty high... it what about 7 out of how many have died worldwide? Something like 60k in the US alone. 7 out of 60k would be "few".

Also remember that social distancing is t just about the spread of the virus, it's also about making sure health care systems dont get over whelmed or over crowded so that people aren't getting the proper treament.
  12. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]
    The thing is that while covid-19 is not a really dangerous disease as far as diseases go (as there are far more dangerous diseases), covid-19 is highly contagious and there is zero resistance within any population. The mortality rate of covid-19 is estimated between 1 and 2%. That means that any population will have to deal with that rate while no-one is immune at the time of the first outbreak. In a city of 100,000 souls, you are talking about 1000-2000 people dying. And in a country with a 10,000,000 population, you are talking about 100,000 deaths, if not 200,000...
    Of course, with hospital treatment (e.g. ventilators) the mortality rate could be dropped significantly, but that would require a very well organized health system with huge amounts of IC beds (and qualified personnel!) and accessible to anyone within the population. And even then still a lot of people will die. But hardly any country has such capacity. Maybe only Germany, with 17,000 IC beds for 60 million people (but I'm not sure if Germany has that many qualified IC personnel over a period of at least 6 months...).

So, to name covid-19 "not a really dangerous disease" is merely semantics. It doesn't take away the fact that it will be a major problem for society, especially the dense populated societies. There are just too many people dying without some rigorous action like "social distancing" - which is really physical distancing (no problem to be "social" at some distance, right...?)

Stay safe - if not for yourself, then please so for others!
    Very well said.