1. Hello everyone! I'm very new to this wonderful community, but I thought I would ask for your advice on something. I'm going to try to listen to and post a review on every Boy Tour show that has an audio recording of three stars or higher on this website. It'll be a daunting task, but hopefully my reviews will help other early U2 listeners enjoy the best Boy Tour shows. I was just wondering if you guys had any advice for what I should pay attention to when listening and reviewing. Have a great week and thanks for reading!
  2. If you cut it down to 3stars or more it's just ~30 shows so it ain't that hard - also many of them are really short (like 13 songs or less) so you can be done in a few days. About what to pay attention you'll discover that as you get going; when you listen to several shows form the same tour you'll soon get used to the bulk of the songs and just start paying attention to details like song intros, lyrical changes or things that are just out of the ordinary.

For example, there's 1981-05-29 - New York which is described by U2gigs as "an eventful show. During the first I Will Follow, a crowd member throws a box of mice on stage, to Bono's displeasure. Some of the mice die of heart attacks from shock. Later on, before the second 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, Busta Jones (a bassist who has worked with Talking Heads) is brought on stage for a guest appearance and he plays a long solo. On a statistical note, this is the last known time Touch, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock's b-side, is performed live"... You surely won't be focusing on the hundredth identical performance of An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, but on the extraordinary things of the rest of the gig

Enjoy the ride!

3. This one is great!
  4. Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll be sure to check that video out. You're right, I thought there was a lot more shows than there are. If this goes well I'll do the October Tour too! Hope my reviews help future listeners!
  5. The October tour is HIGHLY underrated, I'm betting you'll be nicely surprised with it.
  6. I agree! I've listened to about three shows from the tour and they are all amazing! Especially the Boy songs, they are performed really well! Looking forward to reviewing all those (hopefully) in the near future.
  7. I listened to that a few days ago. I'd like to find out how on earth they got it to sound like that!
  8. I think my own review of the gig gives you an idea: "It sounds like the microphone was enclosed in a plastic bag that was then placed at the bottom of a water bucket and hid underneath a couple of thick blankets that were then placed in a house across the street from Edinburgh's Nite Club... 1 star is being generous."