1993-11-27 - Sydney
Tour: ZOO TV
Songs played: 23
Audio recordings: 1
  1. Originally posted by Ricku2:yes, you paid for the Berlin show, that was the offer indeed! So Sydney is just a bonus, only a few weeks after. And even Berlin for many is some sort of bonus as most of you are just there for the tickets, afraid to lose your rights and be the first to get access to tickets next time. Like I said, if you don't like it you better just unsubscribe, it's not near the same as a seasonal ticket for a football club. You can just get out, especially when you feel like you do that is has nothing to do with the band itself anymore. Be more self critical, it's completely ridiculous you feel the need to subscribe to something you don't think is worth it. You're not less of a U2 fan if you're not a U2 fanclub member anymore.
    It’s not a bonus I already have it I can watch it whenever I want. Other fans can do the same even if they don’t own it, there’s no bonus. It is the same as football if you’ve got a season ticket you don’t need to renew next year if you don’t like what the club are doing but people still do because they love the club. I’m subscribing because I want the subscription item and early ticket access when it comes , I don’t think the gift is worth the subscription fee but I still want to have it and it’s not cheaper elsewhere so what else am I going to do. I don’t think making money should be the priority of a fanclub, giving us early ticket access costs nothing to them, the subscriber item costs much less than the fee. They could do more and that’s it, you can disagree with me but other bands have proven that more can be done it comes down to how much profits they want to make.
  2. Give us the ZooTV concert in Full HD.
  3. Our stuff’s been repeated too many times
    You can’t sell the same thing to the same old crowd forever
  4. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    It’s not a bonus I already have it I can watch it whenever I want. Other fans can do the same even if they don’t own it, there’s no bonus. It is the same as football if you’ve got a season ticket you don’t need to renew next year if you don’t like what the club are doing but people still do because they love the club. I’m subscribing because I want the subscription item and early ticket access when it comes , I don’t think the gift is worth the subscription fee but I still want to have it and it’s not cheaper elsewhere so what else am I going to do. I don’t think making money should be the priority of a fanclub, giving us early ticket access costs nothing to them, the subscriber item costs much less than the fee. They could do more and that’s it, you can disagree with me but other bands have proven that more can be done it comes down to how much profits they want to make.
    you really think they're making big bucks out of the fanclub subscriptions? I assume it's less than 1 million a year and that's only revenue, costs will not be too far away of that number so in the end there will hardly be any profit. For a band like U2 it's peanuts. And you want them to give away all sorts of unreleased video's from the past?? You accepted their offer, that's what you can expect. Everything else is a bonus. I think you're really overestimating the importance of your own membership.
    Maybe it's time to stop this ever returning complaining based on unrealistic expectations. It's getting really annoying. These are not even real problems
  5. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    you really think they're making big bucks out of the fanclub subscriptions? I assume it's less than 1 million a year and that's only revenue, costs will not be too far away of that number so in the end there will hardly be any profit. For a band like U2 it's peanuts. And you want them to give away all sorts of unreleased video's from the past?? You accepted their offer, that's what you can expect. Everything else is a bonus. I think you're really overestimating the importance of your own membership.
    Maybe it's time to stop this ever returning complaining based on unrealistic expectations. It's getting really annoying. These are not even real problems
    U2.com has seen recent times with more than 100k paid subscribers in a year, so that's a little more than a million
  6. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    Yeah I think they’re making plenty out of subscriptions. And yes I would like them to give away unreleased stuff like radiohead have done. The other stuff is not a bonus regardless of how many times you say it or if you convince yourself that it is. I don’t think I am being unrealistic and I’ll complain as much as I want if you don’t like it don’t read it or reply.
  7. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    U2.com has seen recent times with more than 100k paid subscribers in a year, so that's a little more than a million
    Wooow
  8. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    in touring years maybe. Those years I also have 2 or 3 subscriptions. Many subscribtions get dumped after that. Even with 100k subscribers they only gross around 4 million, and have extra costs.. profits are still very marginal..
  9. Originally posted by Ricku2:[..]
    in touring years maybe. Those years I also have 2 or 3 subscriptions. Many subscribtions get dumped after that. Even with 100k subscribers they only gross around 4 million, and have extra costs.. profits are still very marginal..
    They shouldn’t be concerned with making any profit from a fanclub in fact outside of touring which is the real earner for the whole organisation they shouldn’t be concerned with making profits from releases in general. They will still make some money anyway from certain releases but they could put in relatively little time, money and effort and give us so much more. Do you think Radiohead’s bank account has suddenly emptied because of the stuff they’ve put on there site? Would u2 and there management and staff suddenly be pleading poverty if the band spent a bit of money putting a show on there website having spent a few days getting it mixed etc? Don’t think so. Give us a cleaned up Washington 92, Stockholm 92, any of the Popmart or vertigo tour broadcasts, south bend elevation, put some full videos up which they must have instead of 30 second clips of songs. I’m not saying do all this but just bits and pieces here and there.
  10. The 2nd channel (I think it's the 5.1 audio) on the Sydney DVD sounds way better than the first channel audio (which is what they used for the Zoo TV Live release).
  11. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    They shouldn’t be concerned with making any profit from a fanclub in fact outside of touring which is the real earner for the whole organisation they shouldn’t be concerned with making profits from releases in general. They will still make some money anyway from certain releases but they could put in relatively little time, money and effort and give us so much more. Do you think Radiohead’s bank account has suddenly emptied because of the stuff they’ve put on there site? Would u2 and there management and staff suddenly be pleading poverty if the band spent a bit of money putting a show on there website having spent a few days getting it mixed etc? Don’t think so. Give us a cleaned up Washington 92, Stockholm 92, any of the Popmart or vertigo tour broadcasts, south bend elevation, put some full videos up which they must have instead of 30 second clips of songs. I’m not saying do all this but just bits and pieces here and there.
    They may not want to saturate their audience. IOW, picking moments when in the public sphere. Artistic direction is a concern.
  12. I agree that South Bend, Dortmund 84 or Point Depot 89 would have been sufficient.

Zoo Sydney is a poor choice.