1. Just heard on the new that Edge's guitar, THE Les Paul, is been sold for $ 240 000 ...
    It's the one he has played with from 1985 untill now...
    This proves once again what a great heart he has
    But it's still a pity it's sold, so legandary
  2. its heartbreaking. That has been a go-to guitar for him for quite some time......used for bout 75% songs on Zoo TV
  3. that guitar was so classic...next audition: the 1976 explorer!!!
    don't joke about that haha.
  4. Some damn fine music with that guitar.
  5. wat songs did he use that guitar for? i cant believe taht either!!! i want it jkjk
  6. Originally posted by Genaro92U2wat songs did he use that guitar for? i cant believe taht either!!! i want it jkjk

Basically every song was done on that guitar at one point or another...you'll notice on the Sydney video he used it for most of the tracks. Its a very versaitle guitar, so it's always had a place in Edge's arsenal no matter which genre U2 was delving into at the time.

Notables: Cry / Electric Co, New Year's Day, backing guitar for Pride on TUF, Exit, In God's Country, trip through your wires, When Love Comes To Town, Angel of Harlem, Zoo Station, The Fly Elevation Tour, One, End of the World, Wild Horses, Love is Blindness, a lot of Zooropa tracks, Mofo, I Will Follow on Popmart, Kite, Desire on Elevation.

probably not 100% accurate but just to give you an idea of how much this guitar's been through............no ordinary Les Paul

I miss it very much
  7. can't believe its gone... on the up side at least on the next tour the edge will expiriment with new sounds and guitars and that can only be a good thing
  8. Originally posted by AAV711I miss it very much
    I would miss the Explorer 19876 of I Will Follow if he decides to put it on sell... I hope he won't!!
  9. Yeah, it's a "monument" that's gone, i hope the new owner takes good care of it
    But still i think its so great he gave this one away to help a lot of people
  10. and now it's for sure... we can never enjoy this guitar anymore. It's his most famous one. Let's hope the new owner is one who takes good care of it.
    Quite curious about with which guitar Edge will play these songs in the future.
  11. Originally posted by MirrorballBoy It's his most famous one.
    The Edge himself said in a documental of the Zoo TV era that his most famous guitar was the Explorer 19876 used to play I Will Follow... And I agree!!
  12. Originally posted by AAV711its heartbreaking. That has been a go-to guitar for him for quite some time......used for bout 75% songs on Zoo TV

AAV711, its the one he's using in your avatar