1. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]The Edge himself said in a documental of the Zoo TV era that his most famous guitar was the Explorer 19876 used to play I Will Follow... And I agree!!

totally dude, Edge made the EXPLORER known.
  2. There's an upside to this, he can choose a new guitar to create new sounds, nd whole new songs...
    but this is the 1st U2 album since TUF without that guitar.

But i'm saldy optimistic
  3. Originally posted by MacphistflyThere's an upside to this, he can choose a new guitar to create new sounds, nd whole new songs...
    but this is the 1st U2 album since TUF without that guitar.

But i'm saldy optimistic
  4. Originally posted by LikeASong[..]

always with the ' ' eh LikeASong lol
  5. I would call it his #2 guitar after the Explorer. 80s-era fans might say what about the Strat- he's used more than 20 different Strats, this was his only Les Paul for quite some time (although he did start using the LP Std Goldtop a litle bit on Popmart and on), and has, as previously said, been his go-to guitar since the mid 80s.
  6. I would love it if he worked with GIBSON guitars to create a whole new guitar just for him.
  7. Originally posted by Macphistflyalways with the ' ' eh LikeASong lol
    hahaahaahaha...
    I'm a happy boy

PS. I usually write "" when I'm listening to a bootleg, they make me happy...
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong[..] hahaahaahaha...
    I'm a happy boy

PS. I usually write "" when I'm listening to a bootleg, they make me happy...

I need to get my good computer back, right now i'm only using my laptop, then i can listen to tons of boots.
  9. Actually, that 1985 LP Custom was around during the 1981 October tour and was the third guitar that The Edge ever bought. (After the black on black Strat and before the Washburn acoustic)

That said, there IS another LP Custom (the one with black knobs, a 1973 - me thinks) that The Edge has used a lot over the past 10-15 years.

Not only is there that other LP Custom but the Les Paul Goldtop, the Mardi Gras finish Gibson Les Paul Standard (He's a few of these) and lest we forget a few Epiphone Music Rising Les Pauls.

The boy isn't hurting for Les Pauls, much less guitars in general.
  10. Originally posted by anstratdubh1979Actually, that 1985 LP Custom was around during the 1981 October tour and was the third guitar that The Edge ever bought. (After the black on black Strat and before the Washburn acoustic)

That said, there IS another LP Custom (the one with black knobs, a 1973 - me thinks) that The Edge has used a lot over the past 10-15 years.

Not only is there that other LP Custom but the Les Paul Goldtop, the Mardi Gras finish Gibson Les Paul Standard (He's a few of these) and lest we forget a few Epiphone Music Rising Les Pauls.

The boy isn't hurting for Les Pauls, much less guitars in general.

so he started with the explorer...what did he play before the explorer?
  11. He played a brown strat (stratocasters ) in the streets missions video.