1. The latest in the sequence of live lockdown screenings, U2.com will be hosting 'Vertigo 2005 // U2 Live from Chicago' .

Coming after the release of How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, this was the tour that debuted live performances of tracks like Miracle Drug, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love and Peace or Else and All Because of You.

As well as more familiar ones like Beautiful Day, Running To Stand Still, Mysterious Ways and… 40.

Use the hashtags #U2Vertigo and #U2getherAtHome.

Join us this Saturday, July 18th, from 12pm PST / 3pm EST / 8pm BST. (And if you can't make it on Saturday, no worries, we're keeping the show live for 48 hours.)

SUBSCRIBERS SPECIAL: For paid subscribers to U2.com, shortly after the screening of 'Vertigo 2005 // U2 Live from Chicago', we'll be screening 'Beyond the Tour' an intimate behind-the-scenes documentary originally released with the live DVD.

Check local times here: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Vertigo+2005+%2F%2F+U2+Live+from+Chicago&iso=20200718T20&p1=78

(This screening is open to all members of U2.com, subscribers and free members. But you'll need to have registered in advance.)

FAQS:

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    Vertigo 2005 // U2 Live from Chicago

Q - Who can watch the stream of Vertigo 2005 // U2 Live from Chicago?
    A - The stream is available to all current members and subscribers of U2.com

Q - What are the specific settings needed to be able to watch the film in HD (hi-definition) with 5.1?
    A - The only setting you require is a fast connection to the internet, a HD enabled screen or TV and a stereo. Our player is similar to the YouTube player - it will find the best quality depending on your bandwidth.

Q - Will this show be available to purchase ?
    A - This film was originally released commercially on DVD in 2005. You can probably still find it for sale.

Q - How long will it be streaming for?
    A - It will be available for forty eight hours from Saturday, July 18th, from 12pm PST / 3pm EST / 8pm BST, 9pm CEST

Q - If I want to host a viewing with friends but not at my home can I bring my device to a friend's house to watch the stream? Or use my account on their device to watch it?
    A - You can log in and access this film on any device using your username and password as long as you are a U2.com subscriber or member.

Q - Can I download or burn the film to blu ray and share with others?
    A - No.

Q - Can I cast it via Chromecast/Roku/Miracast/etc or will just be able to watch on my computer?
    A - Broadcasting to a TV from your computer should work (for example with Airplay). It will also work on Chromecast but not on Roku .

Q - How do I use Airplay ?
    A - If you want to use Airplay to stream this to another device please check here for details and setup.

Q - How do I enable 5.1 surround sound when connecting my Mac computer to my stereo.
    A - To set up external speakers for stereo or surround sound via HDMI use Audio MIDI Setup. More here.

2. Hopefully the clip of ABOY they have posted on social media is not a sign of things to come with the stream since it is in the wrong ratio and appears to be sped up.
  3. So we're getting this in HD? Good news!
  4. Originally posted by unclejosh:Hopefully the clip of ABOY they have posted on social media is not a sign of things to come with the stream since it is in the wrong ratio and appears to be sped up.
    I see what you’re saying. I know that was always a fast song, but it did seem a little sped up.
  5. Haven't watched this in quite some time.
  6. Excellent video quality but unfortunately sound is not loud enough. I’m at 100% and it’s not near close to as loud as l like to listen to music.
  7. They can upscale it to 1080p, but to me it looks the same as the DVD.
  8. What......... 3840×2160!!!
  9. I take that back. It does look better!
  10. Yeah it was shot in HD originally, right?
  11. This is probably my favorite version of Elevation!
  12. The Stories For Boys snippet remains awesome.