1. Originally posted by God_Part_III:[..]

Red Rocks was shot on film, the SD/HD distinction is a digital one. If they still have the original film copy, they can digitize it in HD resolution
    If "Red Rocks" was shot at 35mm, they can be remastered in 1080p and 4K. But I don't believe it happened. Would be wonderful.
  2. Red Rocks was filmed with Television cameras (the "lines" you see from the lights are the result of tube camera technology of the time)...the BEST it's gonna get is standard resolution.

This (Chicago 2005) WAS released in HD around the time of the DVD release for HDNet (early HD Channel) but was a partial version of the show. I have had it for over 10 years. I mentioned to Aaron Sams that this might be in HD before the event and he mentioned that ZooTV was simply an upscale from the DVD, but I thought this might be different.

Cask is right, in the only old shows that would benefit from HD would be the shows filmed for Rattle & Hum (Film)...I know of no other shows that were filmed vs taped with camera tech of the day (which would be SD)...
  3. Upscale or not the stream of Sydney was a lot better than the DVD version even when played on an upscaling Bluray player. At least on my TV it was a lot clearer and crisper.

So I wouldnt mind upscales of Mexico 97 and Elevation Boston, if they can get the same increase in visual quality they got from the Sydney 93 show I would be happy.
  4. One thing I forgot I enjoy about this show is how well Bono's guitar is mixed. You can actually hear it which I love.
  5. Originally posted by Chrisedge:Red Rocks was filmed with Television cameras (the "lines" you see from the lights are the result of tube camera technology of the time)...the BEST it's gonna get is standard resolution.

This (Chicago 2005) WAS released in HD around the time of the DVD release for HDNet (early HD Channel) but was a partial version of the show. I have had it for over 10 years. I mentioned to Aaron Sams that this might be in HD before the event and he mentioned that ZooTV was simply an upscale from the DVD, but I thought this might be different.

Cask is right, in the only old shows that would benefit from HD would be the shows filmed for Rattle & Hum (Film)...I know of no other shows that were filmed vs taped with camera tech of the day (which would be SD)...
    Yes, I have a coldplay show that was broadcast on this HDNET. Also directed by Hamish Hamilton.
  6. Originally posted by unclejosh:Upscale or not the stream of Sydney was a lot better than the DVD version even when played on an upscaling Bluray player. At least on my TV it was a lot clearer and crisper.

So I wouldnt mind upscales of Mexico 97 and Elevation Boston, if they can get the same increase in visual quality they got from the Sydney 93 show I would be happy.
    There’s a wide screen edit of The Boston show, that would look great on modern TVs. If you watch the making of features for the Boston show on the bonus disc, you can see the footage cut to wide screen ratio in it. P
  7. I would love that to come out!
  8. Originally posted by Chrisedge:Red Rocks was filmed with Television cameras (the "lines" you see from the lights are the result of tube camera technology of the time)...the BEST it's gonna get is standard resolution.

I dunno about that Queen upscaled some of their gigs from the early 80s such as the Wembley ,Montreal and Hungarian concerts the results of which are fantastic and are all on Blu ray .
  9. Originally posted by popmarter:[..]
    I dunno about that Queen upscaled some of their gigs from the early 80s such as the Wembley ,Montreal and Hungarian concerts the results of which are fantastic and are all on Blu ray .
    Montreal and Budapest were filmed on 35mm film so it's not and upscale... it's just orignal source material which can be transfered probably even up to 8K... if something was shot using TV cameras (ergo Betamax or other TV shit etc... then it's f&*ked forever in SD quality - Q Wembley... most of U2 stuff pre Chicago 2005 etc.), and Wembley never had BluRay edition... 74 and 75 shows had SD-BluRays (meaning better sound but still SD picture, Stones have done the same with few of their shows)
  10. How can I download the stream?
  11. There's a Chrome plugin called "Stream Recorder - download HLS as MP4" that allows you to download any HLS (which it is) stream as MP4.
  12. Originally posted by Remy:[..]
    There's a Chrome plugin called "Stream Recorder - download HLS as MP4" that allows you to download any HLS (which it is) stream as MP4.
    Thanks!